What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Vw Tiguan 2018 plate - Info system , battery drain! - OldOiler
Had a incident the other day whilst waiting for my wife at the dentist. Engine was switched off and I was using car play plugged into my iPhone listening to music and after about 15 minutes my iPhone shut down due to excessive heat! And the info system bottom edge was also too hot!! I disconnected my iPhone and switched off the system then when I tried to start the car the battery had been drained !! Got a jump start and got home okay with the info system still hot (not switched on) Since then I haven’t switched the car play part on !?!
I have seen reports of problems with VW Golf info systems but no battery drain!
Any one heard of similar problems???
Vag have denied there is a problem, I don’t think it is a s/w problem sounds more like a module fault
Vw Tiguan 2018 plate - Info system , battery drain! - elekie&a/c doctor
Interesting, not seen this before . Not sure if it’s on this model , but if the battery gets low, a warning flags up on the dash display and a prompt to start engine .
Vw Tiguan 2018 plate - Info system , battery drain! - daveyjp

Either the battery was low before, or there was something else drawing significant power.

Vw Tiguan 2018 plate - Info system , battery drain! - OldOiler

The only other thing was it was a hot day with the roof open and the sun was shining and the dashboard but the bottom of the info system was too hot to touch, then the iPhone flagged up until too hot and shutting down! It looks like a module within the info system was causing or due to the heat shorted .
No problems since, but I haven’t connected CarPlay system yet ( no problems with charging the iPhone at home)
Vw Tiguan 2018 plate - Info system , battery drain! - Bolt
The only other thing was it was a hot day with the roof open and the sun was shining and the dashboard but the bottom of the info system was too hot to touch, then the iPhone flagged up until too hot and shutting down! It looks like a module within the info system was causing or due to the heat shorted . No problems since, but I haven’t connected CarPlay system yet ( no problems with charging the iPhone at home)

Was iPhone connected by usb, if so check its output, as certain iPhones ask for more power than the usb socket is capable off, I have heard of the charging system on iphone causing problems on certain motors, ie, iphone has charging regulator that sometimes asks for more than it can get...just a thought? and may be wrong