What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
All Makes - Recovery Statistics - Steveieb
Just switched to Start Rescue following their promotion in the Which league tables of companies response time

But speaking to my local recovery agent when not on duty I asked which cars he mostly recovered.

All the usual suspects figured in his statistics and I suppose is good for business.
No 1 Fiat followed by Citroen, Peugeot and Renault.
Hardly ever sees any Japanese cars.
One other make mentioned was Vauxhall who he didn't have a good word for !
All Makes - Recovery Statistics - 72 dudes

No mention of Land Rover, which are usually right at the bottom of any reliability and satisfaction index.

Maybe says more about the type of people who use recovery services?

You can imagine Jessica breaking down in her Range Rover, calls hubby Toby instead of breakdown service.

All Makes - Recovery Statistics - _

The venga broke down in 2018. Start came in minutes.

previous "breakdown" was a puncture in the chevrolet on the M40 by J2 and drove off uo the sliproad into the service area, changed wheel myself, but would call out breakdown now.

Watching Watchdog tonight and the RAC were in the sin bin with examples of customers waiting nine hours in sub zero temperatures and then being taken to service areas near their homes rather than taken home.
My partner is with Renault Assist which I believe Is covered by the RAC.
Think we will just call Start if the inevitable happens . But so far it's been peerless?
All Makes - Recovery Statistics - Metropolis.
Husband Toby will then call breakdown cover as he most likely wont have a Hawkeye Total or Nanocom to hand. so your argument is void lol. I will take no mention of JLR as a rare win!
All Makes - Recovery Statistics - John F

Ah, but Land Rovers are often owned by country folk, e.g.farmers, who help each other out

All Makes - Recovery Statistics - Xileno

On the old stuff maybe, but with the latest models I doubt there's anything anyone can do unless it can be plugged into the computer.

All Makes - Recovery Statistics - madf

Ah, but Land Rovers are often owned by country folk, e.g.farmers, who help each other out

Not with electronic handbrakes they don't.. unless they have a kitted out laptop.

Changing some belts is a body off job...(Or so I have seen )

All Makes - Recovery Statistics - Gibbo_Wirral

These stats are pointless unless you can factor in how popular these cars are on the road compared to other marques.

All Makes - Recovery Statistics - Xileno

These stats are pointless unless you can factor in how popular these cars are on the road compared to other marques.

And also how many miles they're doing.

Take your points about statistics etc .
Maybe I should have called the post . Actual recoveries as seen by the recovery crew. Not as reported by owners.
All Makes - Recovery Statistics - skidpan

And also how many miles they're doing.

Not forgetting how old the cars are and how well they are maintained.

There are just too many variables to make the stats worthwhile as a means of making a buying decision.

Another badly thought out and presented load of "facts".

All Makes - Recovery Statistics - madf

Another badly thought out and presented load of "facts".

Like the muppets who looked at warranty claims - cars from 2014 to 2020.

These are commercial warranty claims.. which only start after the makers' warranty expires.

And the winner was : a car in production from 2017 to 2020 - so only 1 year of actual claims possible outside maker's warranty.. And compared it with cars in production since 2014...- some 4 years outside maker's warranty.

Mindless junk.