What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
DVLA address change - FoxyJukebox

With a few minutes to spare-thought it best to advise-on line- DVLA of change of my address for driving licence. 40 minutes later was at last taken to submit and confirmation. Phew!

You can't do it till you move house, you can't do it without having your existing licence near to hand, your NI number, your passport number, a strong pair of specs to read the very small writing on your existing licence and the patience to orchestrate obtuse form filling language re how long you've lived anywhere in the last 3 years ......

The whole thing took 30 minutes....please DVLA--I only wanted to tell you I'd moved house!!

DVLA address change - _

As I have a government gateway account, (self assessment) Lots of the details are already there, and it's good to check, so that if someone has found a driving licence it is harder for them to change tha adress and use for nefarious purposes.

Have just done mine online, free, age 70 shortly, and painless. Turned upafter 2 days.

When i do my tax returns every year, I am happy to jump through the hoops for security.

You could have done it by snail mail....

DVLA address change - badbusdriver

When i do my tax returns every year, I am happy to jump through the hoops for security.

My wife does mine..............!

DVLA address change - daveyjp

I may be in a minority, but every time I have needed to use a .gov website to do anything, passport, driving licence, tax matters etc it has always worked.

I can understand the levels of security, Government websites are top targets for malicious activity so I'm happy to jump through hoops.

The info on the HMRC site of my tax and NI history is very useful.

DVLA address change - Bromptonaut

I may be in a minority, but every time I have needed to use a .gov website to do anything, passport, driving licence, tax matters etc it has always worked.

The IT part of the Universal Credit application process appears to have worked well in spite of the massive spike of claims during lockdown. The five weeks processing time is 'baked in' as it is, by design, a monthly benefit. The vast majority of new applicants were paid on time.

Those that were not were cases requiring human intervention for things like ID, Habitual Residence etc.

Very early in the pandemic they eased some of the ID/security stuff (ie the need for a personal interview before any advance could be paid). Fraudsters were in there like rats up drainpipes.

DVLA address change - madf

I tried registering with HMRC for Self Assessment in 2020. Already had a Government Gateway Ac

After going through 4 sets of Credit Checks, they refused to recognise me. # So I submitted my Accounts manually .

A month later, I could log on for Self Assessment! Bit late.

# We have lived at the same address with the same Bank Account for over 40 years!