What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Toyota - How to clean grease from door card? - RichT54

At the last service the dealer put rather a lot of some sort of brown grease on the door check straps. I was a bit careless while cleaning the interior the other day and managed to transfer some of it onto the plastic part of the door card.

What's the best and safest way to clean it off?

Toyota - How to clean grease from door card? - Falkirk Bairn

What is the door card covered in - solid plastic, plastic covered, textile, "leather look", leather?

What is the door card covered in - solid plastic, plastic covered, textile, "leather look", leather?

It's plastic with a texture that makes it look a bit like leather.

The grease looks like copper grease.

Toyota - How to clean grease from door card? - Bromptonaut

WD40 or similar are OK solvents for most greases. Maybe spray it onto a piece of kitchen roll?

If in doubt test first on an inconspicuous area.

Toyota - How to clean grease from door card? - brum

Brake Cleaner www.toolstation.com/brake-cleaner/p17879 on kitchen absorbent paper towels and use to wipe grease gently off. Safe on most surfaces. Don't go mad. Then use something like cockpit spray www.toolstation.com/cockpit-spray/p75266 to remove any last remnants and buff it up.

Toyota - How to clean grease from door card? - Andrew-T

WD40 or similar are OK solvents for most greases. Maybe spray it onto a piece of kitchen roll?

Yes, I'd go for WD40, it's a light oil and not an aggressive solvent.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I had a go with some WD40 as I already had some available and it seems to have done the trick.

Toyota - How to clean grease from door card? - Xileno

It has many uses for cleaning things, such as crayon marks, softening chewing-gum, lipstick.

Toyota - How to clean grease from door card? - edlithgow

It has many uses for cleaning things, such as crayon marks, softening chewing-gum, lipstick.

We must be hanging out with the same kind of girls.

Toyota - How to clean grease from door card? - Xileno

After writing that, I wondered whether anyone would comment...

Toyota - How to clean grease from door card? - bathtub tom

Yes, I'd go for WD40, it's a light oil and not an aggressive solvent.

I understand it's Water Dispersal formula number 40 and contains an amount of oil.

Toyota - How to clean grease from door card? - Andrew-T

I understand it's Water Dispersant formula number 40 and contains an amount of oil.

Correct. People regard it as a lubricant, but it's much better as a penetrating oil for loosening seized nuts, etc.

I have a can of stuff called SG-65, which is a Spray Grease, but I bet it isn't the 65th formula they tried ....

Toyota - How to clean grease from door card? - Manatee

I use GT-85 on my bike, but I don't think it's made from gin and tonic.

Toyota - How to clean grease from door card? - Bromptonaut

I use GT-85 on my bike, but I don't think it's made from gin and tonic.

Me too but unlike WD-40 it's intended as a lubricant.

Toyota - How to clean grease from door card? - Metropolis.
GT85 was recommended to be by a locksmith for ignition barrels and locks generally, he said it attracts less dirt than wd40. Whether either are actually suitable I dont know. Hope the OP has some success!