What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Fiat 124 Spider - Help! - Elaine Hulston

my cars trip switch was faulty, replaced by fiat dealer under warranty. New clock put on car mileage was 4200 new clock zero miles. All recorded by dealer in service book July 2019.

Fiat dealer was interested in buying my car this week until he saw the service book. He says it is a issue and no one will buy my car.

Car is 2018 and only has 8k miles including the original 4200.

I still have finance through fiat. Help what can I do to get full value for my Car?

Edited by Elaine Hulston on 20/03/2021 at 20:34

Fiat 124 Spider - Help! - Manatee

Sounds barmy. Try another Fiat dealer. Is this the same dealer who changed the clock?

I'm surprised the mileage is even stored in the clock. Or that the dealer couldn't simply set the mileage when it was replaced, given it's stored electronically. Might even be worth contacting Fiat customer service, although they will probably refer you to the dealer...

Would it help to get the mileage "corrected" privately?

digidash.co.uk/mileage-correction/vehicles/fiat-mi.../

I expect it would be the first time they have actually been asked to increase it!

Different dealer from the one thatchanged clock. Dealer who did the repair says work done to fiat technical procedure. They say legally you cannot alter the clock.

I will contact Fiat customer care.

Fiat 124 Spider - Help! - _

Get repairing dealer to stamp service book, Oometer changed at xxxx miles.

Simples.

Fiat 124 Spider - Help! - Brit_in_Germany

Clearly it is not "simples" as the information is recorded in the service book.

Fiat 124 Spider - Help! - focussed

I had a faulty speedo replaced on a Ducati 851 that I bought used from a dealer years ago.

He issued me with an attestation on his letterhead paper stating that the speedo had been replaced and the mileage that was on it. He also took polaroid snaps of it before and after replacement which he gave to me.

Fiat 124 Spider - Help! - skidpan

Seem to remember that the last car we had which came with a service book (Kia Ceed) had a section at the back for the dealer to stamp should the speedo be changed. Pretty sue that with many modern cars the info is not stored in the actual speedo, its elsewhere in a module and is updated should the dash need repair.

Bottom lie is the Fiat dealer is being a total ar5e. Go back to the one that did the work.

Fiat 124 Spider - Help! - elekie&a/c doctor
On a lot of cars with digital speedometer, the mileage is held solely in the instrument pod . However ,there are lots of models where the info is also held in other electronic components of the car . (Eg engine ecu) . Not sure about the technicalities of this model , but is it that Fiat can’t or will not adjust the mileage reading to the correct figure ?
Fiat 124 Spider - Help! - jc2
Done on one of my cars-never the slightest query!
Fiat 124 Spider - Help! - Alby Back
I think if I had a Fiat 124 Spider that I'd be looking for any excuse to just keep it forever.

I think I'd probably stroke it most days!

;-)

They have done. As soon as buyer sees service book they walk away.

Fiat 124 Spider - Help! - Brit_in_Germany

Maybe selling privately would be a better option then. At least that way you can explain the situation to a potential buyer.

Perhaps. Waiting on a response from Fiat Customer Care.