What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Change ahead for Suzuki? - Metropolis.
www.autoblog.com/2021/02/24/osamu-suzuki-retiremen...k
Change ahead for Suzuki? - Metropolis.
Admittedly the son is already president and ceo, but maybe we will see the next generation put their stamp on the company...
Change ahead for Suzuki? - focussed

I did some service courses at Suzuki GB in the eighties when it was at Crawley and the guys told us that the "old man" had his office high up at the end wall of the factory with a big window overlooking the factory - which factory I don't know.

He was one of the old school.

It was then a good company to be a dealer with in the UK, I don't know what it's like now.

They had a "can do" attitude which was refreshing then in the increasingly financial corporate culture which now seems to prevail.

Good to hear the old boy still going.

Will it change? I hope not too much.

Change ahead for Suzuki? - edlithgow

I did some service courses at Suzuki GB in the eighties when it was at Crawley and the guys told us that the "old man" had his office high up at the end wall of the factory with a big window overlooking the factory - which factory I don't know.

He was one of the old school.

It was then a good company to be a dealer with in the UK, I don't know what it's like now.

They had a "can do" attitude which was refreshing then in the increasingly financial corporate culture which now seems to prevail.

Good to hear the old boy still going.

Will it change? I hope not too much.

One of my ex-students has a Suzuki dealership in Taiwan.

Havn't seen him for a while but if I get a chance I'll ask what they are like to deal with, compared to Ford, which is his main...er...Focus. Might be a sensitive topic though.

Change ahead for Suzuki? - mcb100

I've done quite a few jobs for Suzuki GB, launching new models to the dealer network. They're good people, with a nice spread of family owned dealerships who have been with them for years - people like Colin Appleyard in, mostly, Yorkshire, and Colin Luscombe in Leeds.

The pandemic has forced a few changes on them - they have had to do some catching up to allow customers to communicate with Suzuki GB, and you couldn't search for a used car on Suzuki GB's website until fairly recently.

It's good to see their TV campaign focusing on the approachability of the dealer network.

Change ahead for Suzuki? - jc2
There are still a few family owned businesses out there-not talking dealers-Toyota,Suzuki and,of course,Ford.Others?
Change ahead for Suzuki? - mcb100

I think Tata, owners of Jaguar and Land Rover, are still in the hands of the Tata family.

BMW also has family presence on the board.

Edited by mcb100 on 09/03/2021 at 14:29

Change ahead for Suzuki? - coopshere

I have been using the family owned Suzuki dealer in Bristol for the last few years, they give excellent service and are very customer focused.

I note that the Vitara is currently only available as a Hybrid with a manual gearbox. This is clearly the stepping stone to becoming all electric. Unfortunately though if they don't do an Auto box in the future I may be on my last Vitara.

Change ahead for Suzuki? - Xileno

Peugeot family still have a stake in PSA but much reduced.

Change ahead for Suzuki? - jc2
I meant "controlling" intererest.
Change ahead for Suzuki? - Xileno

A quick google suggests that Hyundai and Toyota are family controlled.