What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Vauxhall - Wheel & tyre insurance question - penguin

Hi all, I have a wheel and tyre policy that I got when I bought my car. I claimed end of last year for a puncture, all was fine. My question is, do I need to tell my motor policy I claimed for this. I know they'll ask if I've had any claims or losses. Cheers

Vauxhall - Wheel & tyre insurance question - Bromptonaut

I would say no you're not obliged to. If you'd had a puncture and paid for the repair out of your own pocket then there would be no need to mention it; it wouldn't even cross my mind. Same principle as claims on an insurance based warranty or using a breakdown service.

If in doubt ask the insurance company at renewal time.

Vauxhall - Wheel & tyre insurance question - Ethan Edwards

Certainly not.

Vauxhall - Wheel & tyre insurance question - SLO76
It’s a warranty, usually a hugely overpriced one at that and no you don’t have to tell your insurer. Think of it exactly the same as an aftermarket car warranty. I had a laugh when our local Volvo dealer attempted to flog me one of these wheel policies for a “small extra monthly fee.” It was £800 over 3yrs!!!! I could refurb the wheels at £50-£80 a wheel. I hope you didn’t pay anything like.

Edited by SLO76 on 09/02/2021 at 16:36

Vauxhall - Wheel & tyre insurance question - daveyK_UK
Do not tell them , your unnecessarily opening a can of worms