What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus 1.6 auto 2003 - Breakdown renewal - bluenun

I have been using Auto Aid for the last 3 years, never needed to use them, yet.

How do other users find them in the event of needing assistance?

My renewal is not due for just over a month, I did receive an email today offering me the choice of auto renewal. Personally I am not a fan of auto renewal so I may opt out of that.

I prefer to know the cost and then compare it before renewing.

Ford Focus 1.6 auto 2003 - Breakdown renewal - Doc

I used to be with Auto Aid, but have now switched to Start Rescue (very similar)

www.startrescue.co.uk/

Ford Focus 1.6 auto 2003 - Breakdown renewal - KB.

As has been discussed lots and lots of times before, AutoAid has proven fine for the majority of respondents on here. Start has had less user reviews to draw from.

Regarding Start, that, too has been compared to AutoAid and it was shown that it depends how many cars and/or drivers are required to be covered. If two cars and husband and wife, for example, then Auto Aid was cheaper. Apparently one car and driver favours the other one.

AutoAid have certainly provided my Mrs. and I with peace of mind since 1984 but have only been called on a couple of times (and they were fine). They have increased their premiums lately but, according to my research on renewal, couldn't be bettered for our circumstances.

Ford Focus 1.6 auto 2003 - Breakdown renewal - bluenun

Thanks both for the replies.

I am looking to cover 1 car and just myself.

Ford Focus 1.6 auto 2003 - Breakdown renewal - _

I was with start for a few years till I got my free EU cover for 2 years with the new Kia.

The one time I needed Start rescue they were Brilliant.. Dropped the broken down Kia at the dealers and then drove me home.

Rating very good.