OBD2 and Apple Carplay - Metropolis.

I have a Pioneer head unit which is apple-carplay compatible and it's great.

However, I would like to get something like an ultraguage to have a readout of engine coolant temps and other parameters not shown with precision (the temp guage goes to the middle and will sit there over a huge temperature span, too late when it goes to red) by the idiot style guages on the dash (Rover v8 joy). I don't want to stick something on the dash that is likely to result in a smashed window, nor do I want to carve up the dash to make the digital guage more integrated, like this person did even though it looks smart in my opinion. landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/integrat.../

So i wondered, is anyone aware of an OBD2 app that will work with apple car play so I can have it display on the central screen? I could buy an OBD scanner that would display on my phone, but none of the apps I can find are carplay compatible so I would have to watch it on my phone instead.

FYI the screen I have is this one, so no carving of the dash was necessary to date as it is 1 din

www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-avh-z72...m

Thanks everyone who takes the time to read this.

Edited by Metropolis. on 10/12/2020 at 20:25

OBD2 and Apple Carplay - S40 Man

You don't say what car you have, but my old MK4 Mondeo has Forscan that runs on a PC laptop That has loads of live data you could view. I never bothered as I didn't think it was safe. Ok for a passenger maybe.

Anyway it is possible just not necessarily with Apple screen