What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2017 Vauxhall astra - My cars price in Dec 2019 - Gordon the golfer

Can anyone tell me how much my cars top used price would have been in December 2019.

My car is a 2017 17 reg Astra elite nav 1.6 cdti 109 BHP. 5 door hatch. 21k miles with 1 former keeper. My car is silver with full service history.

Needed for disputing an insurance company. Thank you

2017 Vauxhall astra - My cars price in Dec 2019 - sammy1

Look on E bay or Autotrader for what the retailers are asking now for your year and model and add back a years value £1000 at the most. Or when did you buy it how long you had it and take money off what you paid for it approx. £1500 - £2000 per 12months. If you had the car on a public road than it should have been taxed and insured. Laybys are public hence your car got hit! Do not expect too much from your insurance has these Astras depreciate like a stone

2017 Vauxhall astra - My cars price in Dec 2019 - badbusdriver

Can't you just stick to the one thread about it?

2017 Vauxhall astra - My cars price in Dec 2019 - 72 dudes

Can anyone tell me how much my cars top used price would have been in December 2019.

My car is a 2017 17 reg Astra elite nav 1.6 cdti 109 BHP. 5 door hatch. 21k miles with 1 former keeper. My car is silver with full service history.

Needed for disputing an insurance company. Thank you

As others have said in your other post, difficult to calculate historically.

For an identical car registered in December 2018 i.e. 2 years old as yours was..... £7650 trade in, £9350 private, £10500 retail.

Insurance company will try and give you trade value, you have to provide evidence of what it would cost to replace it. You may have to concede that as yours was a 2017 model, they will pay out the value for a 2017 model, otherwise would be regarded as " betterment". I'm surprised you didn't get a valuation when the accident occurred, not 12 months later.

I know. I messed up big time. But there must be someone on here who has a parkers guide for late 2019 or early 2020/ or even a glass's guide.

2017 Vauxhall astra - My cars price in Dec 2019 - Falkirk Bairn

Arguing with the value of a car you bought 3 years ago?

Is it a claim today?

What you paid for the car 3 years ago is of little importance and certainly of no importance to the insurer. The insurer pays out what a car is worth today. If you paid more than the market price that's down to you agreeing to buy the car for that

I paid £20,300 for my CRV 8 years ago - if the car was stolen today I might get paid say £7,500 to £9,000.

No. My car was written off in December 2019 so i want what it was worth then. The third party insurance have taken the p with oaying out.

2017 Vauxhall astra - My cars price in Dec 2019 - brum

Insurance have to give you retail value, or thats what LV and other insurances companies have told me whenever I had to deal with a write off.

After all, the money is given to buy an equivalent replacement.. You can't buy at trade and won't be expected to buy privately. So give them at least two or more examples of nearest equivalent cars and they IME will usually go with them (adjusted for mileage and condition).

Strange story though and may have unforeseen consequences on the MIB database, don't be surprised if your insurance renewal is sky high or even declined due to contravention of the continuous insurance enforcement law.

www.theaa.com/driving-advice/legal/continuous-insu...t

2017 Vauxhall astra - My cars price in Dec 2019 - S40 Man

I see on Wikipedia that parkers price guide was still available as a paper copy until 2020. If so you could track an old copy down and see what it thought your car was with then? I'm not too sure how accurate their prices are but that would be a start.

If the insurance company quibble this you can get a Parker price now and see how v that compares to their offer for your car today.