What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Volvo 850 T - Best car in the Northern Hemisphere - Steveieb

Not sure if anyone saw Wheeler Dealers last night But Mike Brewer bought a second hand 850 T which proved to have a cracked turbo and a emissions part which needed changing involving dismantling the whole inlet manifold.

Remember our local Paramedics being really impressed with these and regretting when they changed to Skoda which couldn’t take the punishment.

worth a watch on Quest!

Volvo 850 T - Best car in the Northern Hemisphere - nellyjak

yep,,,,Saw it...iconic motor.

Volvo 850 T - Best car in the Northern Hemisphere - Metropolis.
Bold claim. For police work I would nominate the Ford Crown Victoria, best police car of all time in my humble opinion.
Volvo 850 T - Best car in the Northern Hemisphere - _
Bold claim. For police work I would nominate the Ford Crown Victoria, best police car of all time in my humble opinion.

I remember many years ago I was travelling quite quickly (ahem) in my R75 2.5 and one of those passed me, (obviously not looking for me) and disappeared like the SS enterprise. Bang GONE!

Volvo 850 T - Best car in the Northern Hemisphere - badbusdriver

I remember many years ago I was travelling quite quickly (ahem) in my R75 2.5 and one of those passed me, (obviously not looking for me) and disappeared like the SS enterprise. Bang GONE!

Quite often find myself idling away some time looking at Crown Vic’s on US Ebay!. Ideally this would be plain black (+ black steel wheels, naturally) with the ‘pushbars’ on the front and the remote spotlights on the A pillars.

Yes yes and yes.i do the same and like watching YouTube videos of people working on them, sad I know. It was such a clean, unassuming design. I would even like one in that awful brown colour Sheriffs sometimes had, or was that undercover cops I can’t remember. a colour that should not work but it just did. super cool.

Other variants were brilliant, Mercury Marauder, Mercury Grand Marquis, Lincoln Towncar, were there others? A lovely clip on YouTube by SaabKyle about him modding his southern ‘good old boy’ grand pa’s Grand Marquis with a Borla exhaust. Would be my choice I think, not too showy but some more creature comforts.

What a flexible platform!
Found the link youtu.be/iBZby_UahZ0
A Rover 75 and a Crown Victoria on the same stretch of road must be a rare occurrence, where was that?
Apologies for drifting this thread to a Ford. Lovely cars the 850, one of the few cars in the school fleet that could reach 70mph on the school drive :)
Volvo 850 T - Best car in the Northern Hemisphere - Falkirk Bairn

A son won a Schools Competition when he was 9/10 - organised by the Local Police Force who were running some Schools campaign.

His prize ? An hour's trip out in a Volvo Traffic car - he loved it and was dropped off at the house about an hour later.

Aged 43 now, he used to get even more opportunities to sit in the Police car - caught speeding on 3 occasions