What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Dacia Sandero - New sandero - _

I happen to think the Sandero looks quite nice now.

What does the panel think?

Ok ish for £8995 ???

Edited by _ORB_ on 09/09/2020 at 18:15

Dacia Sandero - New sandero - daveyK_UK
Yes, under rated car.

Would have no problem buying one.

Only thing to be wary of is there is a new Sandero due out in the UK for next March plate change (it was set to be out for Christmas but Covid has pushed it back).

If you can wait and don’t intend to keep the car from cradle to grave then it may be worth waiting for the newer model which is likely to be superior and hold its value better.
Dacia Sandero - New sandero - _
Yes, under rated car. Would have no problem buying one. Only thing to be wary of is there is a new Sandero due out in the UK for next March plate change (it was set to be out for Christmas but Covid has pushed it back). If you can wait and don’t intend to keep the car from cradle to grave then it may be worth waiting for the newer model which is likely to be superior and hold its value better.

Sorry wasn't clear, meant the 2021 model...

Expected retail base model in France about 9000 Euros

Edited by _ORB_ on 09/09/2020 at 18:27

Dacia Sandero - New sandero - Engineer Andy

It looks VERY similar to the existing Clio (well duh Andrew!), which is a good thing.

£9k - wow! Other makes take note.

Dacia Sandero - New sandero - paul 1963

Hmm looks ok but it is a Clio with a mask on. wonder what kit you get for 9k?

Dacia Sandero - New sandero - Zippy123

Hmm looks ok but it is a Clio with a mask on. wonder what kit you get for 9k?

They always have been Renault derived vehicles, usually previous model Clio as the donor with a new body.

It makes sense to use the existing model (if in fact it is)- as long as it wont impact sales of the Clio. Could conceivably be made in the same factory then.

I suspect it doesn't even come with a radio. The idea is to price the base model to get you in the door and then trade up to something that you really want, kit wise.

Dacia Sandero - New sandero - badbusdriver

What i don't like about the Clio is that it is too big, particularly width. I know this is the case with most cars these days, but Renault is pushing it to the extreme when a Clio is wider than a Golf. I bring this up because while the previous Sandero didn't look anything like the contemporary Clio (and was pleasingly slim of the hips!), this one very much does. Looking at the pics, i have no doubt that the new Sandero is going to be the same width as the current Clio, and in the case of the Stepway with its rufty tufty wheelarch trims, even wider.

As for looks?, (IMO) meh!. Nowt wrong with it, but nothing to stand out either.

If you like the looks of the Clio but think it is maybe a bit pricey, bingo!.

Dacia Sandero - New sandero - FiestaOwner

I happen to think the Sandero looks quite nice now.

What does the panel think?

Ok ish for £8995 ???

Very smart looking car. Never really liked the back of the current Sandero, although the Logan looks ok.

If they get price/ spec and engine size right, it will fly off the shelves.

Skoda, SEAT, Ford, Vauxhall, Peugeot, Kia and Hyundai (and others) should all be worried.

I would certainly be interested, when I change my car.

Dacia Sandero - New sandero - focussed

This offer is on over here:-

SPECIAL CONVERSION BONUS

Dacia Sandero

From 5 290 € (1)

Conversion premium of € 3,000 deducted

Dacia Sandero - Conversion bonus

MODEL SHOWN: DACIA SANDERO CITY + SCe 75 A € 6,990 (2), CONVERSION BONUS OF € 3,000 DEDUCTED

(1) Recommended price for new Dacia Sandero Access SCe 75 according to tariff n ° 2213-05 of 09/01/2020, after deduction of € 3,000 conversion premium for the scrapping of a passenger car or diesel van put into circulation before 2011 or petrol put into circulation before 2006 according to decree n ° 2020-955 of July 31, 2020, and for eligibility, see details on www.primealaconversion.gouv.fr.

Dacia Sandero - New sandero - Steveieb

Expect it will have the three cylinder engine instead of the smoother 4cylinder originally fitted to earlier models ?

Wonder if this will be sold as a Lada in Russia now that Renault build there ?

Dacia Sandero - New sandero - 72 dudes

@focussed - that's the current model.

Expect it will have the three cylinder engine instead of the smoother 4cylinder originally fitted to earlier models ?

Can't remember what the article said about the engines, but the exterior looks very good to me, a kind of cross between the current Clio and Ibiza.

It's usually the interior where the cost cutting is more noticeable.

If it does end up i Russia, it would most likely be badged Renault. So there wouldn't be any point given the new Sandero is virtually identical to the Clio barring the front end styling.

The only 'Dacia' sold as a Lada is the Largus (Dokker). But the current Renault lineup in russia includes the Duster, Logan, Logan Stepway, Sandero and Sandero Stepway.

Edited by badbusdriver on 10/09/2020 at 16:40

Dacia Sandero - New sandero - joegrundy

My son bought a 1.2 (n/a 75bhp) Sandero Ambience in 2015. £7500 including met. paint and a 5 year warranty.

Absolutely excellent real-world family car. Only issue was a leaking drive-shaft seal, found and fixed under warranty after 4 years.

Not sure what he got for it in p/x after 4.5 years (for a VXR, he missed the power) but I'm sure that the depreciation was more than acceptable.

I note that you can get a current Sandero with the 100 tce engine (dual fuel) and I guess that that goes very well. I tested a Duster with the 100 tce engine, and (to my surprise) it was more than adequate, very good.

If I do decide to buy a new car, almost sure it will be a Dacia. Duster 130 tce is favourite, but a new Sandero with a good engine would do the job.

Dacia Sandero - New sandero - Steveieb

The Duster gets a “Don’t buy” in the Which magazine down to poor safety !

Curious about this, so i had a look at the Euro NCAP website. The results, when compared to the previous model, are baffling.

Adult occupant, current model: 71%, previous model: 74%

Child occupant, current model: 66%, previous model: 78%

Pedestrian, current model: 56%, previous model: 28%

Safety assist, current model: 37%, previous model: 29%

Looking at this, i can only hope the criteria changed in between old and new being tested. Otherwise not a great showing at all (apart from pedestrian safety and assist).

Dacia Sandero - New sandero - bathtub tom

Curious about this, so i had a look at the Euro NCAP website. The results, when compared to the previous model, are baffling.

Criteria change.

Criteria change.

Phew!.

Having said that, compare the Duster to the Renault Captur (96%, 83%, 75%, 74%) and it is still a poor showing.

Dacia Sandero - New sandero - daveyjp

When I visited Russia a few years ago all Dacias were Renaults, same in India.

Same for South American countries. And i am quite jealous at the double cab Duster pickup available there (badged Renault Duster Oroch), very smart and not (like what the UK gets offered) absolutely humongous!.

avtocar2020.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/gk3qQj0...g