Honda CR-V 2015 AWD 2.0 - Honda CR-V Oil Light - JonniBravo

Hi All,

We bought a Honda CR-V back in Feb 2018 from Honda dealer, since the first service every year in June after approx 1500 mile the oil light has come on and we have had to have it topped up. Is this normal?

The car is now out of its warranty and although I am not suggesting the dealer is conning us they have just drawn our attention to a small oil leak on the engine

Edited by JonniBravo on 25/07/2020 at 15:59

Honda CR-V 2015 AWD 2.0 - Honda CR-V Oil Light - elekie&a/c doctor

Hondas are generally pretty much oil tight however old they are .How much oil is the "top up" ? 1/2 a litre , 2 litres?

Honda CR-V 2015 AWD 2.0 - Honda CR-V Oil Light - sammy1

?????? OK after the first 1500miles post service you top it up so what happens when additional miles pile on, does it need more oil? Could suggest that the oil was not full at service but for it to happen twice does not make sense.

Honda CR-V 2015 AWD 2.0 - Honda CR-V Oil Light - thunderbird

Are you following the exact procedure that will be detailed in the handbook for dipping the oil? It can make a difference dependent on if its cold after a night standing, hot engine and wait 10 minutes after turning off plus any number of other combinations.

To get an accurate reading you also need to be on level ground.

The oil light is normally for low pressure and since it activates only when pressure drops to 4 psi approx the engine is normally toast before you can stop and turn it off (don't ask me how I know).

I presume you have been back to the dealership on each occasion it has happened.

Edited by thunderbird on 26/07/2020 at 15:13