What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2016 zafira tourer 1.4t petrol - Opinions on a zafira - tbg

Hello all

I'm just looking for owners opinions about the 1.4t petrol 2016 zafira tourer how reliable, what it's like when loaded with regards to pulling power with its lower torque that the diesel etc

Thanks

2016 zafira tourer 1.4t petrol - Opinions on a zafira - paul 1963

I've got the 14 turbo on my 2019 Moka, I know there available in different states of tune but mine pulls like a train from low revs, is nice and quiet. I'm not particularly bothered about mpg but I think it's averaging around 45+ ?

I've tried it in a mokka and it was ok but the zaf a bit heavier and more family oriented but also looking at the reliability

2016 zafira tourer 1.4t petrol - Opinions on a zafira - badbusdriver

Yes, the Zaf is heavier than the Mokka, but by less than 15%. So the performance shouldn't be too badly affected. As for the reliability, not sure myself and no direct experience, but ex motor trader and forum member SLO rates them well. In fact, i'm pretty sure he has already recommended the Zaf to you, which he wouldn't have done were the car not reliable.

He has. I'm just looking for as much info as I can.

2016 zafira tourer 1.4t petrol - Opinions on a zafira - SLO76
Test drive one to see if you’re happy with it. I rate them, in fact I’d say it’s the best recent Vauxhall. Spacious, well made and comfortable yet reasonably economical the Zafira makes for a good big family car. The petrol is more reliable than the diesels in this model but I’d buy as new as possible as some issues were noted on early 1.4T’s. It’s worth paying extra for a good approved used car from a Vauxhall dealer which will come with a year’s Vauxhall backed warranty which will cover any lingering issues.

Thanks for that slo, I'm actually going to look at a couple today. When you as new as possible because early 1.4's had some issues when is early and what issues did they have

Went and looked at one today.

Nice car . Very smelly , performance ok but I preferred the Citroen 1.6 diesel just felt better with in gear acceleration, fuel economy on my 7mile drive worse than my 15 year old picasso 1.6 petrol .

So hmmmm about the car

2016 zafira tourer 1.4t petrol - Opinions on a zafira - SLO76
It’s better on distance runs and won’t have the low speed pull of a diesel. I’d still favour one over a Picasso for reliability sake but you have to buy what suits you. Performance is of little concern to me, I’m happy as long as it’s able to sit comfortably at typical UK motorway speeds and my 1.2 diesel Polo is more than capable of that.

It was nice. Back to back comparison of the cars fuel economy to mine , mine maybe 3 mpg better so no real difference but still not sure.