What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Peugeot 2008 1.2 Allure Premium 130 EAT6 - Seven months and 3000 miles so far - John F

Rather than a lengthy post here, I've submitted a report in the review section if anyone is interested. So far I am the only one to review this particular 2019 model, one of the last of the production run before the new 2020 (and much pricier - ours cost £17K on the road) model appeared.

Peugeot 2008 1.2 Allure Premium 130 EAT6 - Seven months and 3000 miles so far - SLO76
Nice wee car John. Mine cost just over £4K almost two years ago and had yet to cost me more than a lightbulb other than basic servicing. Could do with a couple of tyres though.
Peugeot 2008 1.2 Allure Premium 130 EAT6 - Two years and 10,000 miles on... - John F

Rather than add to a now lengthy thread entitled progress report, I thought I'd mention it here, not that there's much to mention. Taking advantage of the current warm weather I put it on ramps and crawled underneath for the first time ever to familiarise myself with its nether regions and inspect for corrosion. The only bit I could detect was on one of the heat shield locking star. clips, so they all got an application of black Hammerite. Interestingly, the front subframe has plastic clip-on protectors - a tribute to Peugeot's reputation for quality. Springs and brake pipes glisten like new after a wipe clean.

Long term petrol consumption over the past 5000 miles is bang on 44.0 mpg. I have decided to gamble nothing major will go wrong during the next twelve months so will eschew wasting the best part of a day and around 200 pounds having a rip-off annual Peugeot 'service'. Changing the oil was a cinch (once I'd got the over-tightened filter off) and cost under thirty pounds for the special 0W30 oil and less than a fiver for the filter.

Peugeot 2008 1.2 Allure Premium 130 EAT6 - Two years and 10,000 miles on... - Chris M

"have decided to gamble nothing major will go wrong during the next twelve months"

I admire your big balls approach John F.

Peugeot 2008 1.2 Allure Premium 130 EAT6 - Two years and 10,000 miles on... - dervdave

I presume you do all know about the 'Crumbling timing belt' issue of the PSA group 1.2 Pure tech engines ?

Peugeot 2008 1.2 Allure Premium 130 EAT6 - Two years and 10,000 miles on... - John F

I presume you do all know about the 'Crumbling timing belt' issue of the PSA group 1.2 Pure tech engines ?

I do indeed. It was sorted by the time ours was made.

Peugeot 2008 1.2 Allure Premium 130 EAT6 - Two years and 10,000 miles on... - dervdave

I do indeed. It was sorted by the time ours was made.

Yeah ?

Peugeot 2008 1.2 Allure Premium 130 EAT6 - Two years and 10,000 miles on... - SLO76
As long as the intention is to keep it until it’s worthless then home servicing can make sense as a means to save money but for most people it would largely be a false economy as the car would see substantial additional depreciation with no stamped up service record. I am surprised by the 44mpg economy figure though, that’s not that much better than my old 1.8 petrol Toyota Avensis. Is the turbo being regularly exercised?
..... I am surprised by the 44mpg economy figure though, that’s not that much better than my old 1.8 petrol Toyota Avensis. Is the turbo being regularly exercised?

I assume the turbo is spinning all the time. Admittedly it's the car's computer calculation not my usual brim-to-brim. But it's an honest observation - on a gentle long run I can see nearer 50mpg but the 44 is over 5000 miles of mainly local run-about work, which is around 15% better than our considerably less powerful old Focus. Anyway, for me m.p.g. figures fairly low in the priority list when it comes to choosing our cars. Quality, v.f.m. and potential longevity top the list!

Peugeot 2008 1.2 Allure Premium 130 EAT6 - Two years and 10,000 miles on... - Andrew-T
I am surprised by the 44mpg economy figure though, that’s not that much better than my old 1.8 petrol Toyota Avensis.

So am I. It's about the same as the overall consumption from my 1994 Pug 306 with the 1.6 (petrol) engine - which admittedly is nearly always on long runs, over 20 miles. Newer engines in small cars usually better 50mpg ?