Ford Grand C-MAX - Powershift gearbox - tbg

I'm looking into the possibility of getting a 2016 grand cmax diesel the the powershift box , does anyone have any opinions or experiences of the box . I've read there was some issues early on and that they have been fixed is this true and is the g c max a wet or dry box.

Ford Grand C-MAX - Powershift gearbox - SLO76
Don’t buy one. It’s notoriously unreliable, there are class actions against Ford in several countries because of it and Ford have accepted that they can’t make it reliable and they’ve returned to torque converter boxes instead. It is probably the worst thing you could buy for the money. If you want one then buy a manual, if it must be an auto then look elsewhere.

Really that bad ???

Ford Grand C-MAX - Powershift gearbox - madf

Really that bad ???

Factual.

So yes.

Ford no longer are a paragon of reliability.

Ok that seems to be that thanks for the help.

Further to this, a work colleague recently mentioned that he has purchased an ex taxi Ford S-Max with a Powershift gearbox that’s done 120,000 miles. Intrigued, I suggested he checked the paperwork that came with the car, apparently it has an extensive service record. I wanted to see if perhaps the much maligned Powershift box could do big miles if looked after. He returned a few days later and revealed that the thing was on its second gearbox. Luckily replaced by Ford at 70,000 miles but the cost of it had been left to the owner would’ve been a high four figure sum.
Ford Grand C-MAX - Powershift gearbox - DieselMan1966

Is it safe to assume this is also the case for the Kuga of a similar vintage as I am, or was, considering a 2.0D auto

Ford Grand C-MAX - Powershift gearbox - Dorset123

Most DSG or Powershift gearboxes have suffered problems what ever the make of car either buy a manual or a normal auto. The worse gearbox is possibly the CVT fitted in the Nissan Juke and Qashqai MK1

Is it safe to assume this is also the case for the Kuga of a similar vintage as I am, or was, considering a 2.0D auto

Sadly yes, no touchy touch.