What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - Ford only parts supply - Matt@

Hi, does anyone know anywhere to buy Ford only parts at any kind of discount? Every time I want something Ford only it costs an eye watering amount of money from my local dealer eg passenger seat belt and and inertia mechanism £170.00.

Ford Fiesta - Ford only parts supply - oldroverboy.

And equally serious, are you prepared to risk a life with a pattern part?

£170 is entirely reasonable.

Ford Fiesta - Ford only parts supply - RT

Try searching the internet using Google - you may find a dealer that discounts mail order genuine parts - but as ORB posts, saving money on pattern parts could be false economy.

I'm not after pattern parts, as said in post.... Ford Parts. If the prices are deemed reasonable by those that know then I guess they are reasonable. My rad fan went, I bought a pattern part 5 mths ago and now that seems to have packed up. I have no clue how much a fan will be from Ford 200 - 300? I'm after a Ford dealer that might sell a bit cheaper than the ones round here...

Foray Motor Group I think do Ebay, I'll try them

Ford Fiesta - Ford only parts supply - edlithgow

And equally serious, are you prepared to risk a life with a pattern part?

Yes

I broke a crappy wee plastic elbow on the vacuum line to my brake servo when I was removing the battery on my Ford Sierra.

Lack of servo assistance made braking hard work, but MAY have stopped me from locking-up in a paniic braking incident that evening.

Poor man's ABS?

Unsure about the Poor man's ABS principle, I replaced the plastic elbow with part of a Japanese ball-point pen (Pentel, IIRC).

I had quite a bit more confidence in the Japanese ball-point pen than I had in the original part.

Edited by edlithgow on 31/12/2019 at 22:04

Ford Fiesta - Ford only parts supply - Terry W

Ebay may be your best bet - although you would no doubt want to be reassured that a pre-owned item was in good order.

This may depend on the age of the car - older cars will be scrapped due to rust or mechanical failure and I assume seatbelts would be OK. Newer cars may be because of accident damage - not an issue if no one was in the passenger seat at the time.

They do have some new items but you ideally need the actual spec or part number to be sure you are getting the right bit!

well, well I've found one on Ebay Ford Part and cheaper than I paid in a motor factors. On Ebay via a seller called Rates Ford price around £85 so seems like I've answered my own question lol. I swear this wasnt there when I looked months ago.. So theres this fan being sold by a ford dealer £85 down from £170. I have no doubt any phone call to a local ford dealer would have produced the 170 price so this is exactly what I was asking about.

Genuine Ford Fiesta MK7 B-Max Engine Cooling Fan & Motor 214509

Ford Fiesta - Ford only parts supply - sammy1

Ebay every time usually a big choice for any popular car. Failing this try breakers, more time consuming to find, but google and you can put in the part required and a site will search breakers for you. Europarts is another useful supplier.

Ford Fiesta - Ford only parts supply - oldroverboy.

well, well I've found one on Ebay Ford Part and cheaper than I paid in a motor factors. On Ebay via a seller called Rates Ford price around £85 so seems like I've answered my own question lol. I swear this wasnt there when I looked months ago.. So theres this fan being sold by a ford dealer £85 down from £170. I have no doubt any phone call to a local ford dealer would have produced the 170 price so this is exactly what I was asking about.

I am confused...

Your question asked about a seat belt. then it became a cooling fan?????

Dealers will often discount stuff that's in "in stock" and rarely sold..

When at Jaguar/RR dealer I would often get rid of stock that was a slow seller to help balance the books, (and also my bonus)

Edited by oldroverboy. on 30/12/2019 at 19:18

Ford Fiesta - Ford only parts supply - Brit_in_Germany

Could it be possible that someone is trying to drum up business for their sales site?

Ford Fiesta - Ford only parts supply - alan1302

I am confused...

Your question asked about a seat belt. then it became a cooling fan?????

Dealers will often discount stuff that's in "in stock" and rarely sold..

When at Jaguar/RR dealer I would often get rid of stock that was a slow seller to help balance the books, (and also my bonus)

The question was about where to get official Ford parts from...and his website on eBay sells them so now he knows.

lol look at my post history, do I sound like a parts person at a ford dealer?? I am a driving instructor and do 30K miles pa. Funnily enough my car needs fixing now and again. Apart from service items in the last 30K my car needed a cooling fan a few mths ago and I bought one from a motor factors I think £120 it was, its just packed up so I need another one. Just prior to christmas the passenger seat belt packed up - got quoted 200 odd quid from ford dealer for the part alone ( Im not buying anything other than Ford part for that repair. why would I.) In the end the garage replaced it and charged me 168 for the ford part. Clearly I will need other items for this car and am simply looking for a supplier that will not charge what my local ford dealer do and now I've happy to have found them. Lone gone are the days (lucky for me) where I need to buy secondhand on ebay and its often a false economy anyway and like others I am wary of pattern parts.

Ford Fiesta - Ford only parts supply - bathtub tom

my car needed a cooling fan a few mths ago and I bought one from a motor factors I think £120 it was, its just packed up so I need another one.

I'd be back at the motor factors and banging on the counter. Surely ther's some expectation for it to last at least a year?

yes I agree with you and might do that but at the moment inclined to just to buy the Ford one and be done with it. The most they would do is swap the part I guess and then it will likely pack up again. I have air con on and off most days winter and summer so it gets some stick

Ford Fiesta - Ford only parts supply - Ian D
As mentioned Rates Ford have an eBay shop which is good, also www.fordpartsuk.com do mail order genuine Ford parts at a discount, and if you are near a Foray Motor Group dealer (e.g. Salisbury/Taunton/Yeovil) you can order online with the discount and pick up from the Foray dealer
Ford Fiesta - Ford only parts supply - Bolt

The most they would do is swap the part I guess and then it will likely pack up again.

that was probably a one off, I would take it back and get it replaced, unusual to have 2 in a row faulty?

IanD thanks for the info, I'm going to see what they're like and go from there although I have a funny feeling the partsonline peoples website didnt link when I tried it a while ago , will pop into the factors and ask about the existing fan as well....