What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Volkswagen Passat tdi 2014 - Notchy gear change - Stephen Ford
Hi I’ve just bought a vw Passat 2014 33.000 miles on it had it two weeks then today I noticed gear change was different seems notchy and a bit clunky all of a sudden ? It doesn’t matter what gear am going in or out off the feeling is the same ... do you think I should change gear box oil ? Only got a months warranty on car as it’s been put on as a taxi
Volkswagen Passat tdi 2014 - Notchy gear change - edlithgow

If you change the oil you might be able to get some GL-4 manual transmission lubricant, which are supposed to work better than the GL5 multi-purpose stuff that most people (at least here in Taiwan) use, which has to be compatible with differentials..

Here's some deep-thinking (over-thinking?) on the topic.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1231182/synchromesh-manual-transmission-lubricants

People speak highly of the Redline manual transmisssion stuff but I've never used it.Probably pricy

I got this "Multi-Purepose" BP stuff in Japan, probably not as good as a dedicated MTL, but the best I could do.

ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61jxvemQTDL._SY355_...g

If there is something mechanically wrong with your gearbox though (say a failing bearing) new lube won't fix it

Volkswagen Passat tdi 2014 - Notchy gear change - focussed

Is the clutch clearing properly? Try bleeding the clutch through which will replace the fluid and get rid of any air in the cylinders and lines.