What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
BMW 3 Series / Mercedes etc - Some "bargain" pre reg cars on autotrader - Falkirk Bairn

Quite a few BIG discounts on pre reg 19 cars - all with modest mileage <500miles

BMW 320i, saloon msport autos+ xdrive £27K ish, some lesser 320s around £23K

BMW 340i saloon msport 3 litre autos £27K to £30K

Quite a lot of MBs in similar price range

I take it these are cars which are old models & it is a clearout - £16K off list of a 340 - assuming you have the cash spare to buy &can afford to fuel the car - "Ford Focus money"

BMW 3 Series / Mercedes etc - Some "bargain" pre reg cars on autotrader - sammy1

I take it these are cars which are old models & it is a clearout - £16K off list of a 340 - assuming you have the cash spare to buy &can afford to fuel the car - "Ford Focus money"

Yes, the only winners here are the DVLA with their Road Tax on the LIST price! £320 extra for 5 years, who dreamed this one up, certainly puts me off

BMW 3 Series / Mercedes etc - Some "bargain" pre reg cars on autotrader - Will deBeast

Yes, the only winners here are the DVLA with their Road Tax on the LIST price! £320 extra for 5 years, who dreamed this one up, certainly puts me off

On balance, I think it's good for the environment as it'll stop cars being scrapped prematurely.

Previously, older cars that were perfectly sound were being scrapped because their road tax was seen as too high. Hopefully that will prevent un-necessary early landfill.

BMW 3 Series / Mercedes etc - Some "bargain" pre reg cars on autotrader - Leif
If you are willing to pay elevated road tax, and high maintenance bills associated with a so called premium brand, good for you. I’d rather go for a more sensible car. Any way, BMW cars are damned ugly. MB cars look like Kia, but with silly servicing costs associated with a premium brand. No thanks.
BMW 3 Series / Mercedes etc - Some "bargain" pre reg cars on autotrader - daveyjp

Car sales appears to be in turmoil. Pendragon shares less than 10p, losing 300 staff in Car shop outlets as sales of used cars are so low.

I've been out and about this week and what has become noticeable is how many areas of redundant land close to car dealerships are getting stacked with vehicles.

Our local cash and carry has a very large car park - a few hundred spaces which is probably oversized, but on the last visit I noitced about half the area has been fenced off and the local dealers have it stacked with vehicles doing nothing.