What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Kuga - No turbo boost at high RPM - Rattl

Hi everyone.

I have an 2.0 diesel ford kuga 2008. Car was running perfect till one day when driving one motorway i felt there is no power like before, i was like I have no turbo and the car was accelerating very slowly after 2000 rpm. Also a engine malfunction error came but it dessapeard after i switched off ignition.

Example:

1. When I am driving in town lets say i am with second gear at 1400 rpm and I press acceleration to the floor, the car slowly accelerate till approx 1900 rpm then a very powerfull boost coming (from turbo probably) but it least maxim one second till around 2200 rpm and then the boost stops and car continue to accelerate slowly.

2. I drive in second gear at 2000 rpm and i press acceleration to the floor, nothing happens. The car will accelerate very slowly like an 1.0 litre petrol engine.

In the morning when the problem occurred I filled with fuel and I remember the fuel indicator on dashboard didn't updated with the new level straight away. It took around one hour to slowly increase the fuel level indicator. Could there be some problems in fuel tank that affects this and also the fuel pump?

I really appreciate your help in this matter.

Ford Kuga - No turbo boost at high RPM - S40 Man

I have 2008 mondeo 2.0 tdci so maybe similar engine. If I have low fuel level it can take a while to work out the correct fuel level.

Do you have any warning dash lamps? You could get a Forscan code reader.

Search eBay ELM327 USB forscan. They are quite cheap and good in my opinion.

Or try www.fokuman.com/self_diagnostic_mode-373.html

Can get self diagnosis on Fords.

Ford Kuga - No turbo boost at high RPM - 3uga

You might want to replace the turbo control valve. Had the same problem and could not hold a vacuum.

You might want to keep in mind that the valve can reset when it is disconected even if the engine is shut down. It will selv calbrate after the 40th engine start or you could get it conected to a scantool to initiate the learning mode.

If you had any mantainance done to the car, maybe the tcv was disconented by accident. I mean recent as in the past day. If not, consider replacing the tcv.

Also, conecting the car to a scan tool cand show if there isnt another problem with the car like limp mode caused by dpf or bad dpfe sensor or chloged egr

Edited by 3uga on 08/07/2019 at 19:18