What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta 1.6tdci (2009) - Intercooler removal - LJW61

Anyone here tackled this job? Ive removed the hoses, detached the cooler from its top mount and its free but theres no space to wriggle it upwards and out, A/C pipes and dipstick tube are in the way for starters. Seems to me It has to come out this way theres even less room to drop it through the bottom.Reason for removal - oil contamination in the cooler!

Ford Fiesta 1.6tdci (2009) - Intercooler removal - elekie&a/c doctor
I think you will find the bumper needs to be removed so that the front panel can be unbolted/ released from the car frame.

Oh Lord, really? I did wonder if that was going to be the case. .Thank you

Update; It can be removed / re-installed from inside the bay , you need to remove the throttle body(3 bolts) and remove the bolt securing the dip-stick tube to the block and gently bend the tube to the right, this gives just enough room to wriggle the intercooler out. Glad I decided to check mine as it had about 1/4 pint of oil in there!

Ford Fiesta 1.6tdci (2009) - Intercooler removal - Tech-savvy

Hello LJW61

I'm planning to do the same cleaning on my fiesta but I can't find how to remove the intercooler from the car frame. I can't find any accessible bolt on it. I think it is necessary to remove some body element first.

Could you explain it to me or give me a clue ?

Thank you for your help !