What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo 2008 Mk4 - No power to drivers door after door change - Muneer Ahmed
Hello guys. My first time posting on this website, I’m a newbie take it easy on me lol.

I recently changed the drivers door on my 2008 mk 4 Mondeo. The change over was great and everything fitted well apart from the fact no there was no power going into the door.

Being a a novice I went ahead and changed the control Module from the old door into the new door thinking this would solve the issue but it was a no go again. I noticed the speaker was working and on the dash it shows the drivers door is open. All other doors including the drivers side rear door is working perfectly.

leaves me baffled in what exactly should I be looking at? The previous door was working fine, could there be a wire fault in the door it’s self ? I’m tempted to change the whole loom, is this a difficult job to do or would you guys recommend something else before that

any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Ford Mondeo 2008 Mk4 - No power to drivers door after door change - Peter.N.

The only thing you have disturbed is the door connector so that's probably where to look. I assume it has a multi way plug, disconnect it and check the condition of all the pins and clean if necessary.

What is it that doesn't work on the door?

Peter

Ford Mondeo 2008 Mk4 - No power to drivers door after door change - elekie&a/c doctor
Correct. There is a large multi pin connector in the A post door pillar. Check that is secure with no broken pins. Be careful as all the wires are coloured black. Also check fuses in passenger
Footwell fuse box. Another possibility is the the new door wiring harness is not the same. Ford use a different loom depending on what spec the car was built.
Ford Mondeo 2008 Mk4 - No power to drivers door after door change - S40 Man

Do you have the wrong mirror from the old door? Mine has been bashed up for ages, plastic cover broken and last week the glass got broken too.

Proper scrap yards seem to want a lot for these. I'd give you £20 Inc delivery, assuming it looks and worker OK.

It you invest in Forscan ( and have a lap top) you may get some notes info if the car is seeing the door. Available on eBay