What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Passat B7 2014 - Does Passat cfgc e5 177ps use dpf/fap additive? - 3uga

Hi,

(EN-2nd language)

Just came to my knolege that VW Sharan form 2010 uses a additive for fap/dpf regeneration.

Does the CFGC engine come with the same additive? What is that additive made of and how is it going through the engine and helping fap regen? Is it the same eolys form the e4 generation egines used on ford?

Thank you!

Passat B7 2014 - Does Passat cfgc e5 177ps use dpf/fap additive? - elekie&a/c doctor
Think you will find it is Ad-blue.Most makers now use this system.

Thats what I was saying, but the cfgc doesen't come with adblue. Someone was saying how he paid 100 e for 1liter of additive on his sharan form 2010, even showed me the bottle wi th code g052143a2. Even said the it goes to a separate 4 litre tank

Passat B7 2014 - Does Passat cfgc e5 177ps use dpf/fap additive? - skidpan

Search for E-Bay item number 382291028052. Its 5 litres of Eolys for a 2005 to 2010 Sharan. Looks like that is what it uses.

Serched for it. It is eolys but for sharan up to 2010. Form 2010 e5 engines use the same thing?

The VW bottle says diesel additive and haven't been able to find any spec on that product.

G052143a2

I'm thinking its something to eliminate posible problems that may apear regarding high pressure pump form low lubricating diesel.

Edited by 3uga on 05/10/2018 at 12:57

Passat B7 2014 - Does Passat cfgc e5 177ps use dpf/fap additive? - skidpan

As far as I am aware Eolys is only used on vehicles where the location of the DPF is too far form the turbo to allow the DPF to heat up to the required 600 C needed for a regen. Many Peugeot/Citroens use it along with vehicles fitted with engines from the PSA group, the Focus 1.6 TDCi is one example.

Modern diesel under bonnet installations are designed with the DPF as part of the package wheras the early DPF's were simply bolted where they fitted.

The AdBlue used in most modern diesels has nothing to do with DPF regeneration, its there to reduce NOX.

Use the wrong one in the tank (I don't mean the diesel tank) and you will almost certainly cause major damage to the car.

I previously owned a Ford focus 1.6 tdci. The dpf was at most 40cm away from the cylinders and still had eolys. That car was a mess. In less than 6 months I changed 7 turbos at wich point I said "let it be an SDI".