What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta 1.4 tdci - Injector problem - help! - Brad ford

I have a Ford Fiesta mk6 1.4 tdci 2009 van that is running lumpy and recently went into limp mode. It sounds like it’s running on 3 cylinders.

first I removed the air box to get access to the injectors. I then started the car to see if I could feel the injectors pulsing/buzzing. I could feel number 1 2 3 working but not number 4 so...

After plugging in and scanning I found the code p1204 (injector 4 circuit open/shorted) So I tested the injector loom and all injectors with a multimeter. I was getting a lower reading on the number 4 injector. So all tests was pointing to a Bad injector.

I replaced the injector 4 with a used Injector and the p0204 fault went but now the car will not start.

So I went ahead and discontent the 4th injector plug and it’s started strait up but when connected it will not start

aslo when the number 4 injector is Connected I get a new fault code p0213 (cold start injector 1) and when disconnected the code goes.

could the po213 code stop it from starting?? Is there a cold start injector If so where can I find it??

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by Brad ford on 02/10/2018 at 12:27

Ford Fiesta 1.4 tdci - Injector problem - help! - hardway

I'd suspect your "new/used"injector.

Ford Fiesta 1.4 tdci - Injector problem - help! - madf

IIRC injectors need to be coded to the engine

Secondhand injectors usually have a good reason for being secondhand...

You really need to get hold of a workshop manual. Or someone who knows what they are doing.

Ford Fiesta 1.4 tdci - Injector problem - help! - KJP 123

I was going to suggest swapping injector from a working cylinder and seeing if problem shifted. But seeing what was said above it likely would not work and even make matters worse.

Ford Fiesta 1.4 tdci - Injector problem - help! - Railroad.

Fuel injectors do need to be coded but not doing so will not prevent the engine from starting and running. Common rail fuel injectors are very precise, and no two will ever be exactly the same. There are at least three injection phases, pre, main, and post, as well as after for DPF regeneration. The injector testing equipment generates a hexadecimal code which must be entered into the ECM. This code is so the ECM kno2s how to correctly operate each injector. If it's not coded, or if the code is wrong then the engine will not perform to it's optimum, or may run unevenly, but it should still run.