What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford kuga 2.0tdci - Panel judgement 2014 15000 miles - oldroverboy.

Neighbors just bought a kuga diesel, low mileage from a ford dealer.. Good move or not?

Edited by oldroverboy. on 27/08/2018 at 07:51

ford kuga 2.0tdci - Panel judgement 2014 15000 miles - badbusdriver

That type of vehicle is not really my cup of tea, but ignoring that, and assuming they don't have any DPF related woes, have it serviced properly, and drive it properly, it should be absolutely fine.

ford kuga 2.0tdci - Panel judgement 2014 15000 miles - SLO76
I liked the first gen which was compact, pleasant to drive, decent on fuel and a bit different to look at but the later cars which were designed more with the American market in mind are plasticky inside, bland and nowhere near as entertaining to drive. We looked at them as a possible replacement for our CRV and just didn’t rate it especially the interior quality. Plus the autos all use the rather notorious Powershift box which is best avoided.
ford kuga 2.0tdci - Panel judgement 2014 15000 miles - madf

" diesel, low mileage"

Hmmm.. I would not..4 years andd under 4k miles a year - EGR half coked up. POC in my view

ford kuga 2.0tdci - Panel judgement 2014 15000 miles - TheGentlemanThug

I'm inclined to agree. The mileage suggests it's been used to potter around town; bad conditions for a modern diesel.

As long as you take the car on a 30 minute motorway run every couple of weeks it should still serve you well. Remember that the DPF will eventually clog and need to be replaced, no matter how many times it regenerates.

ford kuga 2.0tdci - Panel judgement 2014 15000 miles - Miniman777

In 2013 I bought a 2.0 Kiga Titanium 4x4, 2 years old (61 plate), 6k miles, prev owner lived in North London. I too had a few concerns on the DPF but also had a Cooper S which I used for short journeys. The Kuga would do 90 mile runs to the office once a week, seaside every 2 months etc so the DPF would not have regeneration problems.

Never had a problem with it at all, in fact a very reliable and comfortable car and was very reluctant to have to sell in it Jan 2016 as I'd got a company car, but knowing I'd be knocking up 22-24k miles per year, didnt want telephone number mileage on my own car, so sold with 33k on the clock.

The Kuga has an Eolys DPF so whether that is a better option on other types I dont know.

Despite the apparent demonisation of diesel, they are still selling and because the Government remains on the fence and has made no proclimation one way or another, used diesels (Euro 6) are on the rise simply because of the mpg benefit over petrol. Electric/hybrids are are a faff, a PITA, expensive, borning looking, limited range, poor charging infrastructure (not one point in the Leicestershire town I live), heavy with rubbish mpg for petrol hybrids, so for anyone on a 15-25k annual mileage diesel still makes sense. I dont find the prospect of driving an electic car exciting once the novelty has worn off.