What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta mk 4 (facelift) year 2000 1.25 - Identifying an engine code ( not fault code) - KenC

Please can anyone throw any light on correctly identifying/locating an engne type build code. I need to replace some parts on an ageing Fiesta, I have noticed on motor factors website that for certain components they refer to engine codes eg for pollen filters DHA, DHB, DHC, DHD, DHE, DHF, DHG

I have located a 30mm white square sticker on the plastic cambelt cover with two large capital letters BA these two letters are also present within the VIN plate number

Can anyone assist please ?

Ford Fiesta mk 4 (facelift) year 2000 1.25 - Identifying an engine code ( not fault code) - elekie&a/c doctor

The engine code is only really required when ordering engine specific parts. Pollen filters are all the same on this model as are most other non powertrain components. Have you checked to see if your car is fitted with a pollen filter?they don't all have them. More info herewww.etis.ford.com/home.do

Ford Fiesta mk 4 (facelift) year 2000 1.25 - Identifying an engine code ( not fault code) - KenC

thanks for the reply, I did look at the ETIS site, it appeared that I had to register with a vat number so I gave up on that. my car does have a pollen filter (that was just an example) my main concern is that it may need a manifold sensor. I may have to resort to crawling underneath it with a torch

Ford Fiesta mk 4 (facelift) year 2000 1.25 - Identifying an engine code ( not fault code) - elekie&a/c doctor
Why do you think it may need a manifold Sensor? These rarely give trouble.

My wife has owned this car for 8 years, it has a low mileage of 29000. every now and again there is a starting problem,

for example a 10 mile drive warm day (last week) vehicle parked in supermarket car park for 15 mins then tried to re start engine would not fire ( it was possible I had inadvertaintly laid my foot on the throttle when starting )

I had to wait for engine to cool down so the temperature gauge was in the lower eighth of the scale then it started no problem.

I am exploring whether or not the manifold air sensor might need cleaning or could it be another sensor that might affect the fuel management ?

Manifold sensor fault will not stop it starting.If the fault is temperature related, then I would be looking at an engine coolant sensor being suspect.easy to access under the ignition coil.

thank you for the suggestion, I will look at that sensor to see the type/fitting.

I am still interested in how to identify the engine code according to a U tube video I have seen it should be engraved on the engine block adjacent to the starter motor. on sites like euro c/parts there are often more then one fitting type for the same model. donated by manufacturing dates or engine type codes.