What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
54 plate Ford Focus Zetec Climate 1.6 - Blower motor problem - Richard Timms
Hello

Before I start dismantling my car to get to it, does anyone have any ideas or experience of the following problem.

My blower/ heater motor appears to running properly at all 4 speeds but is making a horrible viabrating noise and actually isn’t pushing any air. I suspect there might be blockage somewhere or something stuck in the motors fan but I’d welcome any advice.

Thank you!
54 plate Ford Focus Zetec Climate 1.6 - Blower motor problem - elekie&a/c doctor

Access to the blower motor is from the passenger side footwell. Pull the glovebox out and any under dash plastic trims.May or may not have screws securing it,but usually twists out. .Could be debris or leaves stuck in the impellor blades.

Thanks for the answer, I had a look yesterday and my blower motor is on the drivers side! I’ll get under it tomorrow and see what I can get out. Thanks again.
54 plate Ford Focus Zetec Climate 1.6 - Blower motor problem - elekie&a/c doctor
Well that's interesting.I have never seen any Focus with the blower motor on the driver side.
Just taken out the pollen filter and the remains of the blower fan came with it! So it’s disintegrated at some point.

I’ve located the motor and it’s on the drivers side up behind the radio. The Haynes manual says you have to remove the steering column, clutch peddle and clutch hydraulics to change it.

I’m going to try and fit a new one without having to do all that.