What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus Hatchback 2006 - Passenger Seat Height Adjustment - Ken in Wales
I need to make my passenger seat height adjustable the same as the driver seat. My idea is to obtain the driver seat from the equivalent LHD car, and fit it in place of the existing passenger seat.

Anyone know a reason this wouldn't work?

Where the heck do I get a LHD driver seat from???
Ford Focus Hatchback 2006 - Passenger Seat Height Adjustment - elekie&a/c doctor
Are there any higher spec Focus models that have this feature?I guess this is a ratchet lift rather than electric.Cant see any problem fitting a left drive seat other than trying to find one in the Uk.
Ford Focus Hatchback 2006 - Passenger Seat Height Adjustment - Ken in Wales
To continue the story (in case anyone else wants to do this):

Yes, manual lever ratchet mechanism rather than electric. The existing driver's seat is manual, but more importantly an electric height control would need to be wired in where there might be no existing connector. It would be nice to fit electric both sides, but I need to minimise the complexity and risk of the job (the last thing I need is to ship in an electric seat and find it doesn't work or I can't easily make it work).

Having had no success on eBay (UK) I googled for breakers on the Continent and found a broker site similar to breakers broker sites in the UK. Fortunately it had an English language option! I put the car model, age range, left seat, and textile (rather than leather) into the search boxes, and was given a short-list of 20 matches on offer. Eliminating listings with no photo, or electric, or the wrong finish, or missing parts, reduced that to just a couple, and I picked the best one from the photos (as far as I can tell identical to my driver's seat, except left).

The yard in question replied to my enquiry by email, and after a little discussion (in pigeon English - but I'm grateful for that) sent me a quote with payment details I didn't understand. I now know that IBAN stands for International Bank Account Number, and it enabled me to set up a payment from my Internet banking. The seller wants €100 (£89), and my bank wants £10 to process the transaction.

Also, the seller wants me to arrange collection. I've not done that yet, but it doesn't look too bad (I chose The Netherlands because I figured transport would be OK). I will contract collection and delivery when the payment completes to the seller.

I am under a bit of time pressure, so I wanted to get on with it rather than spend forever investigating alternatives. However, if I were to do this again I would spend more time looking at international eBay sites as finding what I want there should make payment processing easier, and maybe even delivery.

I'll let you know how it works out...
Ford Focus Hatchback 2006 - Passenger Seat Height Adjustment - focussed

We occasionally ship stuff from France to the UK and use a website called www.parcelsplease.com/ who will arrange collection from any address and deliver to the UK - they use UPS , Parcel Force or DHL as the couriers.

You will, of course need to find out how big and heavy the parcel is.

Edited by focussed on 29/04/2018 at 20:28