What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus TDCi 1.6 Estate 2009 - Towbar recommendation? - tdc

Can anyone recommend the best all-round kit,price(delivered),DIY fitment and use?

Thanks.

Ford Focus TDCi 1.6 Estate 2009 - Towbar recommendation? - Ian D
There are several good makes, Witter, Bosal, Thule, Brink and Westfalia.
You can get fixed and removable balls, flange or swan neck, you can get dedicated electric kits (often up to £100) which plug into the car electrics, but sometimes need a cable running to the front of the car, or you can fit a bypass relay.
I have fitted a few recently to mine/friends cars and use www.pfjones.co.uk Their website explains the options and costs.

Thanks Ian,great comprehensive reply,has set me on the right track,much appreciated.

Edited by tdc on 22/04/2018 at 19:25

Ford Focus TDCi 1.6 Estate 2009 - Towbar recommendation? - bazza

Hi I'm about to order one for a 2010 focus, pf Jones are excellent as have used them before. The job itself looks relatively straightforward, yes will need a bypass 7 pin which they'll supply. There's a 12v permanent supply to a socket behind the carpet in the right hand boot area on my hatch I imagine it is on all. Saves running a separate supply off the battery, though I would still add an in line fuse. Bumper looks ok to remove, there's a couple of videos on YouTube for installation.

Thanks for the tips Bazza.Jonesy it is then.Two recommendations,good price and kit did it for me.Ordering today.

Of course yeah,good old ewetoob,love that channel...who needs a telly eh ! :)