What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta Saloon ..M Reg - '94 M Reg Fiesta 1300 pushrod engine-cut out prob - maltaman

HI Everyone ,

Hope someone can help with my prob ..

The other night the car cut out while driving at very low speed .. managed to get it to the side of the road .. tried re - starting ... It would start and run for about 10 seconds than cut out .. did this a few times then it wouldnt start at all ..

Called the Breakdown, they didnt look at it at all !! Just said we will take it to your home ..

Next day I went out with box of tools to find the problem .. It started first go without cutting out and had it running for about 15mins ..

So I never did find the fault.

About 8yrs ago I had a problem when it wouldnt start when hot .. I changed the fuel filter and it was OK after that ..

Ive changed the filter again thinking it may be the prob ..

Still running but and worried it could cut out at any time ..

Any help please ?

Thanks

Ford Fiesta Saloon ..M Reg - '94 M Reg Fiesta 1300 pushrod engine-cut out prob - elekie&a/c doctor

Not much to go on here,but previous experience with these,I would suggest check the 2 pin connector and wiring to the crankshaft sensor which is located between the engine block and gearbox,down the front of the engine ,behind the exhaust.Also ,lift the back seat cushion to locate the wiring to the fuel pump.Give it a wiggle to see if there is any engine cut out.