What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CR-V 2.2 2009 - Clutch pedal groaning and squeaking - Merko

Hi Folks,

For some time my clutch pedal has been driving me up the wall, squeaking and grating, especially when creeping in traffic. I believe it is common on this model.

My Honda dealer has just charged me over £300 for a master cylinder replacement since they reckon it is the inner seals causing the noise.

I have just spoken to another owner who told me he had the same problem on his 2006 model and it was the spring/bushes at fault and it was fixed for a lot less.

As an engineer it sounds to me exactly like a metallic binding noise you would get from the pedal/spring rubbing on another metallic part.

Have they seen me coming ?

Regards

KM

Honda CR-V 2.2 2009 - Clutch pedal groaning and squeaking - mss1tw

Intruiged as my low mileage 2003 makes a slight squeak when the clutch pedal is depressed. I was going to book in for a fluid change to see if that helped.

Never had a problem with using any good old clutch operated cable. Car or motorbike.

Edited by mss1tw on 13/10/2016 at 21:39

Honda CR-V 2.2 2009 - Clutch pedal groaning and squeaking - galileo

Hi Folks,

For some time my clutch pedal has been driving me up the wall, squeaking and grating, especially when creeping in traffic. I believe it is common on this model.

My Honda dealer has just charged me over £300 for a master cylinder replacement since they reckon it is the inner seals causing the noise.

I have just spoken to another owner who told me he had the same problem on his 2006 model and it was the spring/bushes at fault and it was fixed for a lot less.

As an engineer it sounds to me exactly like a metallic binding noise you would get from the pedal/spring rubbing on another metallic part.

Have they seen me coming ?

Regards

KM

I occasionally hear a squeak when depressing/raising the clutch pedal, which sounds as if it is the pedal inside the car.

Getting someone to press the pedal while I stand at the front with the bonnet open, it is much louder, so clearly its either the linkage on top of the gearbox or the thrust release end of the lever inside.

Lubing the accessible parts doesn't cure it so I conclude the only fix involves taking the gearbox off. That will wait till it's necessary, meanwhile I turn the radio up when in stop/start traffic.