What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford KA - Ford ka 58 plate passenger window not working - Steven Horsfall
Hi

Looking for some help please, my girlfriend has a ford ka 58 plate and a month or so ago the passenger window just stopped working. The drivers window is working fine so i assume the fuse is ok! Do both windows work on the same fuse? Anyone else had this problem?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Steven
Ford KA - Ford ka 58 plate passenger window not working - elekie&a/c doctor

Is this an old shape Ka or the later model (based on Fiat 500)?If the driver window works,then unlikely to be a fuse.

Hi

It is the old shape

Usual failure of a window on these is caused by broken wires in the door shut.Pull back the rubber boots to both doors and check harness.

Whats that in simple terms? Lol

If you are not too confident what to check,then I'm sure a local garage would take a quick look for you.

I am pretty confident, so i need to take off the inner of the door and check that the harness is still in tact?

No need to remove the door card/trims.Locate the rubber boot that runs between the door pillar and the door ,and carefully prise back the rubber off the plastic round connector plug.