What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford cmax tdci auto - ford focus cmax tdci no power - frogmarch

Hi my friend has got a 2006. Ford focus cmax tdci automatic and has a problem when running starts up OK and when you pull way the revs go up and it will eventually change up but if you put foot down the revs shoot up but does not go any where,went into garage they changed boost control valve as they said it was not boosting she picked car up and it was OK now she is saying it is doing it again has anyone got any ideas , if you put it into tiptronic it is still doing it

ford cmax tdci auto - ford focus cmax tdci no power - RobJP

If the car revs up but no drive, then it sounds more like a gearbox / clutch problem.

ford cmax tdci auto - ford focus cmax tdci no power - frogmarch

Hi thanks for reply that's what I thought but bloke at garage said that turbo wasn't boosting properly so put new turbo control valve on and said if that did not cure it it was turbo but ther e is no smoke and seems to boost OK to me

ford cmax tdci auto - ford focus cmax tdci no power - elekie&a/c doctor
Sadly,a turbo or auto gearbox repair on one of these is an economic write-off.I would not spend a shilling trying to fix this.
ford cmax tdci auto - ford focus cmax tdci no power - Paulsxf

Is this a 1.6 CVT model? If so don't waste any more money on it and take it straight to the scrap yard.

The only possibility is an oil and filter change on the gearbox if you can find someone to do it but once these go wrong it is effectivley scrap.