What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fusion - Salvage recovery cost - Debra Lees

Sorry for rambling, want to give a full picture before my question. Got my dream run-around in January, 08 plate, only for it to be stolen in February. With no news after a month, I agreed to an insurance payout (price I paid less excess, fairplay Tesco). It has subsequently been found (was pulled over for another offence while sporting false number plates), and I have finally been offered the chance to buy it back at salvage bid cost. It's at an auction house, maybe 50 miles away, and I expect to have to pay for recovery, and of course any repair. The plan is to recover it, get it checked over, to make sure repairs are worth it, if not maybe even scrap it- taking a gamble, aware we may be out of pocket after but hoping it's still fairly sound. My question is what is the rough minimum cost of recovering such a vehicle and getting it to an insurable, driving-legal state (presuming/hoping! there is little or no mechanical issue)? The insurers mentioned it's condition would need to be certified before they'd insure this- would this just be an MOT or? Thanks.

Ford Fusion - Salvage recovery cost - oldroverboy.

First check with the insurance company if it will be category D (writeoff) and ask for the cost of an inspection before. you can get online quotes for recovery on ebay etc. just google recover my car...

Ford Fusion - Salvage recovery cost - Debra Lees

Already asked about inspection and they said it wouldn't be possible, as it's now in hands of salvage company :/

Ford Fusion - Salvage recovery cost - oldroverboy.

Already asked about inspection and they said it wouldn't be possible, as it's now in hands of salvage company :/

You can find out the costs of the inspection, transport and buyback before making any decision, was my point. First thow, find out if it is category D.