What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2016 Mondeo - New Mondeo - Warranty and other questions - ColB

The Ford website makes no mention of the split 1year Ford warranty/2yrs dealer warranty. Has this changed? Does the dealer warranty only work with the supplying dealer if this is how the warranty is still structured?

Also how well does the auto box handle the higher output diesels (180/205hp)?

Any comments based on real experience of these issues would be very welcome

2016 Mondeo - New Mondeo - Warranty and other questions - Graham567

I see nobody has replied to your query.I have the Mk4 Mondeo and really like the new one but all motoring press seems to have totally forgotten it.I get WhatCar every month and they compare different model against each other.They never review the Mondeo.As far as i am aware the only one they did was the estate version.Its not listed in the car reviews under family cars either.I don't know why? The model i have was a 5 star car and was classed as the benchmark for family saloons.The new one has been greatly overlooked.In some reviews they have only given it a 2 star.I wonder whats going on at Ford?

Edited by Graham567 on 05/08/2016 at 20:14

2016 Mondeo - New Mondeo - Warranty and other questions - gordonbennet

Nobody needs the motoring press, almost all one needs to know can be found in HJ's reviews, above.

He gives the car 5 stars, and he doesn't dish those out like a retiring or resigning PM's gongs of favour.

Edited by gordonbennet on 05/08/2016 at 20:22

2016 Mondeo - New Mondeo - Warranty and other questions - oldroverboy.

My neighbour has a 61 plate mondeo estate tdci 2.0 uses it as a landscape garden vehicle pulling a trailer into s london and the city daily from colchester, cleans it and then it's his family car. Just had a major service , did everything needed and passed mot no advisories. 165,000 miles to date.