What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - Fiesta tdci fuel leak - WarChild007
Hi,

Last couple of days I've been smelling diesel through the fans when stationary and low speed.

I had the injector seals replaced last year there doesn't seem to be as much fuel this time. The leak seems to be coming from the small fuel pipe into the top of the inject, the one with the little metal clip on. It's on injector two so has a join in it.

It's this easy to replace, I'm not even sure what it's called, part of the fuel rail I guess and probably comes with all the other pipes.

Edited by WarChild007 on 26/07/2016 at 20:18

Ford Fiesta - Fiesta tdci fuel leak - Railroad.
This will be the injector leak off. Unused fuel returns to the fuel tank from here, so the fuel is under no pressure. You may have a small 'O' ring worn or a perished or split hose. This should be easy to fix.
Thanks for the reply.
Can't see how to upload images here.

But it sounds about right it's a hose in a black material sleeve. Where it connects to the injector is wet and has a green tinge around it. Also the pipe to the primer bulb gets air in it

Do you know any part numbers, sounds straight forward but not sure where to source parts from, I'd like to get the part before working on it.

Edited by WarChild007 on 26/07/2016 at 20:45

Ford Fiesta - Fiesta tdci fuel leak - phil_z70
I had to get some direct from Ford as I couldn't find any elsewhere, they weren't cheap (for what they are)
The dealers brought an exploded diagram up on his computer so I could point then out
Ford Fiesta - Fiesta tdci fuel leak - elekie&a/c doctor
These are the fuel spill return pipes.buy as a complete set,but get them from a Mazda dealer,they are cheaper for the same part
Thanks for the tip, i guess it would be a mazda 3 of the same year (2008)?

I found this on another site for Ford Fiesta "new O'ring F1673574 (£0.59) and just in case the whole assy. (F1444973) @ £13.73 ex vat. and spare R clips (F1379930) @£3.84."

I ordered the above parts but they have sent me F1348625 flat washers. Can any one tell me what these are for? I don't know if I got the part number wrong on my request or if they sent the wrong part. Are these related to the injector leak off pipe?

The only flat washers that spring to mind,are the copper sealing washers that fit at the base of the injectors.

About the size of a 5p coin but thicker?

It's these www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272319769934

Edited by WarChild007 on 03/08/2016 at 00:56

Yep,they are the ones.

The injectors aren't leaking. From Internet searches I wanted these O'rings F1673574 as part of the leak off pipe system. But not got a diagram to see where they go.

Is this what you want?www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Fiesta-MK6-1-4-Dur...a

Hi, I've got that bit and the R clips but thought I needed the O rings as well?

The new o rings are on the new pipe

Thank you.

How do I get to the cam belt side injector? Is it rocker cover off job or just a squeeze?

Ford Fiesta - Fiesta tdci fuel leak - phil_z70

You will need to get the inlet manifold off to get access to them, there is not a lot of room to change them even when its off