Ford KA 2003 - Driving with heater on full - Racy tracy
Hi I'm having to drive around with my heater on full to stop the temperature light coming on, what is the most likely cause?. Coolant levels are fine had an air block a while ago but that is all sorted now. Don't dare take the car further than local areas. Thanks
Ford KA 2003 - Driving with heater on full - Peter D

Faulty themostat perhaps. Take it to a garage and get it checked out. Regards Peter

Ford KA 2003 - Driving with heater on full - Railroad.

A stuck closed thermostat will cause this. If the engine has ever overheated then the thermostat must be renewed. This is because the high temperature will cause the wax in the thermostat to get very thin and subsequently lost. The thermostat then will not open. It's a very good idea to change the thermostat every two or three years in any case.

Another thing to check is the condition of the radiator. Make sure the fins are in good condition and not corroded. The radiator cannot correctly dissipate heat if they are, leading to overheating. Also something that is well known with plant equipment but no less necessary and often ignored on cars is to make sure the radiator is clear and not full of dust and dirt, which would prevent airflow and seriously affect heat dissipation. Use and airline and blow through the radiator fins.

Ford KA 2003 - Driving with heater on full - jc2

Preferably from the back or use a hose.Is it early 2003(Kent) or late 2003(Rocam)?

Ford KA 2003 - Driving with heater on full - Racy tracy
Thank you. I'm not sure if it's early or late I will check when home from work