What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - legal question ? - adrifing

paid a deposit down for a car on saturday 06/02

have tried to contact the dealer multiple times and was sent a message back on monday that he wuld call me back.

since havent heard from him or even managed to get through to the guy.

have since noticed that the car in question has been placed online for sale again with his contact details on it.

also when i got the receipt for the deposit it had no vin number on it no colour of the vehicle or even the v5c number so i can get the road tax on it.

whats the options available for me here

have took screenshots with the date site and his contact number alongside other images and the receipt provided.

thanks

Edited by adrifing on 12/02/2016 at 01:12

Ford Focus - legal question ? - RobJP

If you've put a deposit down on the car, then that is usually a binding contract in law. If you now want to back out of the deal, then the dealer is entitled to keep the deposit. (Technically, if you've signed a contract, then the dealer can FORCE you to buy the car at the contracted price)

I'd expect the deposit to only have the make, model and Reg. No. Those details are all you need to be able to arrange insurance. You can tax the car online instantly when picking it up. I'd expect you to only get the V5c section when you complete on the deal.

As to him putting it back online for sale, a lot of dealers do that. Then, when people phone up, they can say that it's sold. Makes the dealer look busier.

So, what you can do :

1. Pay the rest of the sum and collect your car.

2. Walk away and lose your deposit.

------------------------------------------------------------

Note : All of the above assumes that you went, saw the car, and paid the deposit in person. If not, then it MAY come under Distance Selling Regulations, and I'm not entirely certain what the position is in that case.

thats the point i have tried to collect the vehicle.

i have been to his garage he wasnt there that was on wednesday.

i have over 20 calls to his mobile and heard nothing.

i have a text saying he would call but no answer.

not sure whats on here but have since been told the vehicle wasnt fit for sale on. tyres are bald on the front and the exhaust is shabby as hell. trackings off and various others.

was told about the vehicle on wednesday that was from the mechanic that was there.

edit.. was told in a text he was in the sticks. have since heard he was there as two vehicles were sold.. one on tuesday one on wednesday morning.

Edited by adrifing on 12/02/2016 at 09:53

Ford Focus - legal question ? - TedCrilly

At this stage it sounds more like plain old fraud/theft than a consumer issue.

Maybe a word with the local 5-0?

You wouldnt be telling them lies if you said he has taken your money, given you a dodgy reciept and then dissapeared.

Ford Focus - legal question ? - Dwight Van Driver

Back Street Garage - cheap motor?

have a word with Trading Standards - may have history on garage.

dvd

ford focus .. 1800 notes

was a newish garage but guy had 7 years trading so thought hmm okay worth the look..

not sure what avenues are open.. the receipt doesnt have much to go by but has said sold too on the top.