What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fusion 1.4 style+ 2009 - What seal for gap cowl moulding to windscreen - hopefirm

Bought the car recently and noticed that the plastic moulding where the wipers are fitted has a gap where it fits to the windscreen. I remember a 2003 Focus used to have the pollen filter under the same moulding and often the mechanics would break the clips removing it, I know because it happened to me and I managed to glue it and fill it in with black sealant. BUT...this is a much wider gap, so wonder if water could leak through it and also the best way of sealing to windscreen if necessary. Thanks

Ford Fusion 1.4 style+ 2009 - What seal for gap cowl moulding to windscreen - RobJP

Check BEFORE you do anything that the gap is not supposed to be there.

Too many problems are casued by people 'fixing' something which was not broken in the first place.

Ford Fusion 1.4 style+ 2009 - What seal for gap cowl moulding to windscreen - elekie&a/c doctor

As above,leave it alone.There is no water seal between the screen and the plastic panel.The pollen filter is inside the car,in the cabin.

Ford Fusion 1.4 style+ 2009 - What seal for gap cowl moulding to windscreen - hopefirm

Thanks for the feedback, the plastic panel looks like it has been removed and not refitted correctly hence it made me think that it looked like it may have required sealant, but I bow to your wisdom and thank you both for responding. Regards.