What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost 125 Titanium - Test Drive Car not available ? - GBP1705

Anyone else had a problem like this ?

I booked a test drive with a local Main Ford Dealer for today, they knew exactly the car I was interested in & cinfirmed they had a car available to the required spec. On arrival this morning, after hanging around for 30 minutes they then advised me that the car had been loaned to Asda for the day but I was able to inspect the car in the showroom and that a vehicle with a lower spec is available for a test drive. Obviously I refused this offer. I telephoned another dealer and arranged a test drive there within the hour. completed the test drive, sorted out the money side and ordered the car.

I just can't believe that a dealer would loan out a vehicle which was booked to be test driven on the same day resulting in a loss of nearly £18K

Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost 125 Titanium - Test Drive Car not available ? - Auristocrat

Not surprised.

Back in April when we were looking to buy a new replacement for our Mazda 2, we booked an appointment/test drive with our local dealer (who we had bought 3 new mazda's from previously). When we arrived the salesperson had gone out with another customer. We waited in the showroom for 35 minutes, and were ignored by the rest of the sales staff.

We walked.

Went to our local Hyundai dealer on spec the day after (Sunday). Test drove the i20, and ordered one that afternoon .