What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
new car purchase - GBP1705

I asked a while ago for some information on which new car to buy from a choice of 3.

I have decided that the best buy for me would be the Ford Focus 1.0 125 EcoBoost Titanium 5dr hatchback.

Would appreciate anyone who has any constructive feedback (positive/negative) before I part with the cash

new car purchase - 72 dudes

Good car, excellent handling, fairly comfortable ride.

Smooth powerful engine, plenty of pull yet very refined.

Poor fuel economy, much worse than the government/EU figures would suggest (56.5 MPG combined).

True MPG measured by What Car? magazine 38.2 MPG, they also have one on Long Term test which has averaged 37.3 MPG overall.

The driver of this long term test car is concerned about the poor fuel economy and made an effort to drive economically over one tankfull of mixed A roads, motorways, B roads and some Urban. Result was 42.2 MPG.

A bit of hearsay from my brother-in-law, a Ford Workshop Controller, customers with the Ecoboost engine are saying they are disappointed with fuel consumption.

So...... if you are expecting mileage to be somewhere around 45-50, you will be disappointed, if you accept that you will achieve 37-42, you will love the car.