What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fusion, 54 plate - installing standard sized stereo in Ford Fusion? - Dodgey

Is there a way for me to replace the standard (half profile) crap ford stereo with a modern, standard sized unit?

As I assume the standard unit has no buffer worth talking about it jumps at every bump!

Can anyone offer guidance?

Cheers

Dodgey

Ford Fusion, 54 plate - installing standard sized stereo in Ford Fusion? - Collos25

Yes go on UK ebay and find the appropriate fascia ,you could of course fit a double din unit have you tried your local ICE shop.

Edited by Collos25 on 29/01/2013 at 16:56

Ford Fusion, 54 plate - installing standard sized stereo in Ford Fusion? - elekie&a/c doctor

Replacing the double strip radio for a standard din radio is a bit of a challenge on these.The original fascia needs to be cut to accept the din fitting.Also when removing the radio ,you need to be very carefull to not break the heater control rods which are difficult to access.hth

Ford Fusion, 54 plate - installing standard sized stereo in Ford Fusion? - Collos25

I had a look on ebay there are plenty of single din conversion fusion plates so you can fit any single din unit you require plus double din units specifically made for the fusion.