What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - spark plug failure - alan johnson

Yes again another premiture spark plug falier the original spark plug from ford 1 year left on 3 year warranty with proven full service history by ford. number 4 cylander bore is scored short block required £3000 to fix i have been fighting for my cause since not having my family car since 11th december 2012 got price dropped to £2200 by kicking off in the service centre if ford have know confidents in there spark plugs then they should be replacing them every year for the three year period of the gaurantee.

I said to the service manager that the only time they know that a spark plug fails is when it blows an engine at a cost to me and he just shrugged his shoulders and said yes. ford spark plugs are not even looked at untill the car has reached 37500 miles so this is a premiture failer and we all need to get together and fight for the small fish. When a spark plug fails then it just causes a miss fire unless in some cases the spark plug breaks up and damages and marks the bore and pistons which in my case has NOT happend.

This is by ford a complete ripoff get out clause naming a premiture spark plug fitted my them because it has gone over the perthetic 1 year gaurantee. I am posting my contact details for any one who would like to arrange any action against ford motor company we have to fight this together and i am so pleased that now i know that i am not alone on this matter so please contact me I HAVE A PLAN.

07889851633 Alan.

Edited by Avant on 25/01/2013 at 21:41

Ford Fiesta - spark plug falier - Collos25

I have never heard of a premature spark plug failure causing so much damage,if it is as you say then Ford should pay the whole bill I think you need some legal advice.Remember whatever your plan Ford have more money and resources than you will ever have.

Edited by Collos25 on 24/01/2013 at 15:30

Ford Fiesta - spark plug falier - craig-pd130

This is just my personal opinion, but if the car is only two years old, is within the warranty mileage limit, and has a full Ford service history, you should be able to argue for a bigger contribution from Ford.

However I doubt very much you'd get the whole cost covered, I'm afraid. Although the spark plugs would not normally be touched until the 3 year / 36K service, they ARE a service item that is not intended to last the lifetime of the car. Break-up of the centre electrode / porcelain is very rare, but it is not unknown.

It looks like you are the second owner, did you buy it from a Ford dealer? I would focus on trying to get a bigger share paid by Ford or the supplying dealer. Good luck.

Ford Fiesta - spark plug falier - RT
However I doubt very much you'd get the whole cost covered, I'm afraid. Although the spark plugs would not normally be touched until the 3 year / 36K service, they ARE a service item that is not intended to last the lifetime of the car. Break-up of the centre electrode / porcelain is very rare, but it is not unknown.

Spark plugs DO have a replacement point within the normal service schedule and early failure indicates a manufacturing fault - just as it would if an oil or air filter failed and wrecked the engine.

Ford Fiesta - spark plug falier - madf

A colleague of mine owned a V12 Jaguar E type in 1975., The engine failed due to a spark plug collapsing. He sued Champion - the plug maker - and was awarded the cost of a replacement new engine plus legal costs.

Ford Fiesta - spark plug falier - craig-pd130

@ RT, I agree, and it seems in this case the spark plug has failed prematurely.

What I'm saying is, the plug is not a component that is expected to last the lifetime of the car (such as an engine bearing, piston etc etc).

I suspect Ford or the dealer would use this to avoid paying in full for repairs -- especially if the OP is not the first and only owner (not confirmed as yet)

Ford Fiesta - spark plug failure - pinkyandthebrain

Another sorry story of spark plug failure to report.

I had my 09 Fiesta serviced at the end of January, MOT on March 23rd (all with Ford dealers plus FSH from before) and then, March 24th, the spark plug collapses.The only option the Ford garage is giving me is a new engine.

Two weeks down the line and I am still without a car (the Ford dealership have put in a claim to Ford but I'm been lead round in circles getting invoices for services from before I even owned the car etc.) No courtesy car so I'm forking out for rental, Ford keep "reminding" me that the car is not in warranty and as of this morning have been told it will be yet another 48 hours before they get back to me.

What no-one seems to understand (there are 3 ford deals involved and Ford Customer Relationship Centre) is that from my perspective, this is a Ford problem. From where I' m sitting, a Ford mechanic fitted Ford approved plugs at a service less than a year before the problem. I don't see how they cannot stand behind that - someone is at fault (plug supplier, ford engine design, ford dealer/service department) but it certainly isn't me.

Ford Fiesta - spark plug failure - etp

I'd be interested to know if you had any success in getting Ford to pay for the repair?

I have just heard that premature failure of a spark plug has done a lot of damage to my engine - yet to hear full details -despite Ford servicing history and the vehicle mileage being only 21,000 and that my extended warranty won't cover it. The vibes are that they expect me to pay.

AJ

Yes again another premiture spark plug falier the original spark plug from ford 1 year left on 3 year warranty with proven full service history by ford. number 4 cylander bore is scored short block required £3000 to fix i have been fighting for my cause since not having my family car since 11th december 2012 got price dropped to £2200 by kicking off in the service centre if ford have know confidents in there spark plugs then they should be replacing them every year for the three year period of the gaurantee.

I said to the service manager that the only time they know that a spark plug fails is when it blows an engine at a cost to me and he just shrugged his shoulders and said yes. ford spark plugs are not even looked at untill the car has reached 37500 miles so this is a premiture failer and we all need to get together and fight for the small fish. When a spark plug fails then it just causes a miss fire unless in some cases the spark plug breaks up and damages and marks the bore and pistons which in my case has NOT happend.

This is by ford a complete ripoff get out clause naming a premiture spark plug fitted my them because it has gone over the perthetic 1 year gaurantee. I am posting my contact details for any one who would like to arrange any action against ford motor company we have to fight this together and i am so pleased that now i know that i am not alone on this matter so please contact me I HAVE A PLAN.

07889851633 Alan.