ford fiesta 1.6 zetec se - thermosat - adam1991

hi there i just survices my car and changed the coolant on it and when to run the car up and the fan kicks in and the temp gauge gose to red and no coolant is leaving the expansion tank i undone the bleed nippal at the bottom of the rad to see if the is water in there and there was so i toke the top hose off and no water come out so i checked the thermosat houseing and no water has pasted thought so can any 1 help thanks

ford fiesta 1.6 zetec se - thermosat - Peter.N.

It could be that you have air in the system which is not allowing the hot water to reach the thermostat, try removing one of the heater hoses and fill the header tank until it runs out, otherwise your thermostat has failed.

ford fiesta 1.6 zetec se - thermosat - countryroads

these can be a bit of a b***** to bleed to be honest! I take it you have the heater set to hot and the fan on speed 1...

I find it can help to lift the front end of the car up, to raise the radiator in relation to the heater, then run it at fast idle until you see it 'burp', coolant level drop and the heater go to hot.

If it was working ok before you drained the coolant its highly unlikely the thermostat is at fault.

ford fiesta 1.6 zetec se - thermosat - Collos25

Just leave it ticking over with the water filler off and the heater on full and the air will come out.

ford fiesta 1.6 zetec se - thermosat - adam1991

hi i have sorted it now there was just a big air in the system every thing is running fine now thanks for the help