Ford B-MAX - New B-Max leaking badly in boot area - skylark

I have a new B-Max which is generally a nice car. However, I have discovered that it is leaking rainwater very badly in the offside boot area. Has anyone else had similar problems? The car is under a one year warranty and is back in the garage but one of my concerns is long term water damage and rust as I had intended keeping the car for several years.

Ford B-MAX - New B-Max leaking badly in boot area - thunderbird

If its a new car Ford offer a 3 year warranty (although years 2 and 3 offer less cover) and a 12 year body corrrosion warranty thus I am at a loss as to why you say "The car is under a one year warranty". Was the car a damaged repairable, if it was new from Ford you are covered for 12 years once the leak is cured.

Ford B-MAX - New B-Max leaking badly in boot area - Avant

The B-Max has only recently gone on sale, and this one will undoubtedly be covered by Ford's warranty.

Ford B-MAX - New B-Max leaking badly in boot area - daveyjp
The joys of being an early adopter. It will be covered under warranty, finding the source may not be easy and insist any carpets and damp seas are replaced.

I'd also be mentioning potential rejection at this stage to get them on message that they need to sort it first time.

Edited by daveyjp on 28/12/2012 at 15:27

Ford B-MAX - New B-Max leaking badly in boot area - Engineer Andy

This doesn't bode well for the oft-quoted "German build quality" of Fords these days, given how many journalists like to make a big thing of their improvements. Let's hope they didn't use the VW Eos as their template for water-proofing.

Ford B-MAX - New B-Max leaking badly in boot area - RT

This doesn't bode well for the oft-quoted "German build quality" of Fords these days, given how many journalists like to make a big thing of their improvements. Let's hope they didn't use the VW Eos as their template for water-proofing.

Ford B-Max - built in Romania !!!