What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford galaxy (aaa engine code) - Ford galaxy v6 thermostat - vsick

Seems to have a stuck thermostat :( , i thought they were a thing of the past but it would seem they are still unreliable and made from dead washing machines, aaaagh!

Anyway simple question folks,

Usually the the stat is on the top hose , it would seem however that on this model it is on the bottom hose outlet? Strange way of doing things , could anyone clarify this for me please.

Thanks

Ford galaxy (aaa engine code) - Ford galaxy v6 thermostat - elekie&a/c doctor

This is a VW engine .The t/stat sits in a plastic housing at the end of engine,above the gearbox.Are you sure yhis is the problem?have you checked coolant level?Does the heater work ok?hth

Thanks , yeah i know where the housing is , not nice, top hose gets hot bottom stays cold , no flow definately stat but its unusual for any manufacturer to fit the stat on the bottom hose side , then again it was designed by strange German folk. :)

Ford galaxy (aaa engine code) - Ford galaxy v6 thermostat - elekie&a/c doctor

No flow could be water pump.Many modern engine designs have the stat in the lower part of the cooling system.hth

Thanks for that :) its been about 10 yrs since i got out the mechanic game so things have changed a lot , I,ll pull the stat out , heater still works so there is flow just nothing down the bottom hose which points to stat, why do these things happen at christmas ????? lol.

Thanks again.