What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford fiesta tdci - fiesta 1.4 tdci cutting out when cold - fay louise

my 02 ford fiesta tdci, keeps cutting out when i slow down to go round a corner. it seems to happen when its cold. ive had the car seviced and diesel filter changed. anlong with the maf sensor, cam sensor and fuel lines, there are no fault codes showing , its costing me a fortune at the garage .help

Edited by fay louise on 19/12/2012 at 19:31

ford fiesta tdci - fiesta 1.4 tdci cutting out when cold - Avant

Moved to Technical.

ford fiesta tdci - fiesta 1.4 tdci cutting out when cold - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Jerky slow-speed performance on my 1.4 Tdci was cleared after an MOT when the emission test blew the seat out of one of the injectors and the garage had to re-seat all the injectors. They found that the inlet manifold was heavily coked showing that the injector may have been leaking for some time. But - first try adding a dose of a good diesel additive - Miller's Diesel Eco-Max or Uniteddiesel.co.uk 's Diesel Rhino. That may, if you're lucky, clear the problem if it's being caused by a mucky injector, but if there is just a slight improvement, then that may point to you needing to replace injector seals. I'm tending towards an injector problem due to the absence of a fault code. (But I'm no trained mechanic! Just going off my own experience with this engine).

Is the tick-over steady or a bit hesitant? A steady tick-over sort of rules out the injectors.