What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo - Personal Injury Claim - David56butch

Is it possible to insist that my insurance company contests a personal injury claim? My wife was involved in a minor collision about a year ago. Wasn't even a rear end shunt. Since then we have had 10 or 12 calls asking us to make a claim, which we have refused to do. Now today we have been informed that the other party is claiming whiplash.

At the time there was no problem, when I phoned later with full insurance details, there appeared to be no problem. The police were not called nor an ambulance.

I have told both my insurers and the company dealing with the claim for the insurers, I believe it is a fraudalent claim, the response was to say the least, laid back.

David Butcher

Ford Mondeo - Personal Injury Claim - thunderbird

Not much point in complaining to the insurers about the calls, its the Insurance Company that has sold your telephone number to the claims sharks.

With regard to the 3rd partys injurys there is nothing to stop you complaining to the Insurance Ombudsman if you feel you have a strong case. Doubt the police would be bothered.

Ford Mondeo - Personal Injury Claim - Armitage Shanks {p}

If you are registered with the Telphone Preference these calls are illegal and those who make them can be penalised. If you haven't registered I suggest you do sop PDQ!

Ford Mondeo - Personal Injury Claim - thunderbird

We are registered and still get loads of calls.

Worthless.

Ford Mondeo - Personal Injury Claim - RT

TPS only makes sales calls illegal from UK sources - calls from abroad can't be made illegal and these pests get round TPS by classing their call as survey or offering free advice.

TPS and Ofcom are a waste of space - I've resorted to being very rude, it doesn't stop the calls but makes me feel better about them !

Ford Mondeo - Personal Injury Claim - Bobbin Threadbare

Cite the case Herman vs AAC 2012. Chap told the endless PPI callers that he'd charge for his wasted time (worked from home) and took the marketing company to the small claims court. The judge upheld his claim and the company had to cough up.