What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Nissan Juke - Driving in Snow - bakertech

I have a Juke AWD. I was going to use the following settings for driving in snow on standard tyres.

50/50 AWD ,Traction ON, pull away in low manual on CVT grearbox and then put into auto once moving. I have used these setting s for muddy fields.

Is this this the best way?

Nissan Juke - Driving in Snow - TeeCee

I wouldn't bother with the low manual pull away. Just let the auto box and traction control do their stuff and accelerate gently. Back off if the traction control lamp flashes.

Usual recommendation for driving in snow with a manual is to keep to as high a gear as possible to reduce torque at the wheels and thus any tendancy to break traction. Auto and gentle throttle application should mean it changes up as soon as possible.

To be honest, if you really care that much your first priority should be winter tyres and then start worrying about which driving techniques are best.

Nissan Juke - Driving in Snow - daveyjp
Depends how much tread you have. Standard tyres with 3mm will be different to ones with 8mm.
Nissan Juke - Driving in Snow - bathtub tom

Sorry daveyjp you've got to experience winter tyres to realise the difference.

Doesn't help when the snow's up to your bonnet, or you're stuck behind the RWD BMW/Merc.

Nissan Juke - Driving in Snow - daveyjp
I've experienced winter tyres. The OP mentions standard tyres and I have found through experience that new standard tyres aren't as good as winters, but they are far better in snow than standard tyres which are well worn, but not near to the legal limit.
Nissan Juke - Driving in Snow - bakertech

During the recent cold spell, drove on black ice with 50/50 AWD, treaction on. No problems at all the Juke handeled perfectly. Do apprecate the use of winter tyres, but if in the colder regions of the UK I would concider them. Living on the Isle of Wight, we do not get that much snow; but do make regular trips to the souther counties.