What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Ford Focus chrome trim - Cumberlandsausage

Can someone explain why Ford cannot align the chrome trim on its current crop of cars, virtually every Focus I've viewed with the intention of buying is misaligned (trim between the door body and glass) it is almost like being transported back in time to the 1970s.

I read the fab reports on how good they are, but to a long time admirer of Ford it almost looks like they are thrown together.

At a Ford dealer recently I highlighted this to the sales woman who said "It depends where you stand"

Steven

Ford Focus - Ford Focus chrome trim - jamie745

At a Ford dealer recently I highlighted this to the sales woman who said "It depends where you stand"

I like her.

I like her.

Yeah I liked her too.........

You work for Ford then?........no wonder BMW sell more 3s cars than Ford sells Mondeos

Ford Focus - Ford Focus chrome trim - jamie745

No I don't work for Ford but I'd sooner work for them than BMW. The reason BMW sell more 3 series than Ford shift Mondeos has nothing to do with well fitting chrome, more to do with the fact a 3 series is a better deal on company car tax where as Ford shot themselves in the foot by alienating their core fleet market with a high list price and co2 ratings.

Ford Focus - Ford Focus chrome trim - Collos25

Actually they don´t it maybe it may seem that way or just a UK thing but worldwide more Mondeos and derivitives are sold then 3 series and derivities.

Ford sales figures if you are interested.

media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=37404

BMW world sales 2011

www.bmwblog.com/2012/01/09/bmw-group-posts-highest.../

Edited by Collos25 on 10/12/2012 at 08:34

Actually they don´t it maybe it may seem that way or just a UK thing but worldwide more Mondeos and derivitives are sold then 3 series and derivities.

Ford sales figures if you are interested.

media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=37404

BMW world sales 2011

www.bmwblog.com/2012/01/09/bmw-group-posts-highest.../

Getting back to my original question, why is the chrome trim on a Ford Focus not aligned correctly?

Edited by Cumberlandsausage on 23/12/2012 at 12:44

Ford Focus - Ford Focus chrome trim - Galaxy

Getting back to my original question, why is the chrome trim on a Ford Focus not aligned correctly?

"It's a characteristic, Sir!"

Ford Focus - Ford Focus chrome trim - RT

"It's a characteristic, Sir!"

Or a design feature !